FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lacuna coil?

Slammer
Hey, i was wondering if there were any lacuna coil fans here on frihost?!

If so, what do you think of the new album ( its kickass in my opinion) and have you seen them on their latest tour? ... i was at their gig last week, amazing as usual Very Happy

Let me know!!
nitesh
I listen to some gothic stuffs and lacuna coil is definitely not one of my favs. Don't get me wrong but i think there are better bands out there working on similar genre. i personally favor nightwish, within temptations and evanescence when it comes to gothic music.
Becky
I've never actually heard a lucuna coil song, but my friend recently went to one of their concerts, and said they were ace Very Happy
Might have to listen to some of their music actually..
anxiety1
they had a few good singles

the singers pretty hot.

but not my thing no more really.
ThornsOfSorrow
The only CD that I've ever really enjoyed by them is Comalies, but I also haven't heard the new one yet. However, I used to like Comalies a lot. My only major problem with them is that their male singer doesn't have a great voice, or even a good stage presence, and like most female-fronted bands, most of their videos and pictures focus only on Christina.

Speaking of Christina, I used to love how she was so against showing skin to get attention in the music industry. However, I've been gradually losing respect for her, since it seems that her views are changing and she's wearing less and less in pictures to get ahead. I know that not everyone shares this opinion, but it's just something that bothers me sometimes.

Anyway, I actually met Christina Scabbia twice, and the rest of the band once. Their bassist seems like a really good guy...
briancoit
not a fan really, used to quite like them, until a big fan I know kept having a go at me for comparing them to Evanescence! Which tbh, I dont think anyone can genuinly deny!
Shewolf
Lacuna Coil makes okay music, but not really my thing.
Has they not changed their sound a bit on the last album, maked it a bit more "easy" and "popish"?
So I have been told, I have not actually listeded much to their releases...
arkebuzer
They are quite nice! Smile
I heard them a lot on the radio this summer... dont have any CDs with em though... but hopefully I will invest in some after christmas (gifts FTW)

Regards
jrs32
They are okay, in my opinion kind of a cheap rip off of Evanescence. A lot of their songs sound a lot alike, but they are still pretty kewl. I don't mind listening to them.
Sickness
ouch, I hate them... Embarassed
bonestorm74
I was just listening to Comalies this morning, my favourite of their albums. It has a lot of great tracks and has a lot of long term value.

Karmacode on the other hand I just couldn't really get into. Some of the verses I found quite okay, but the choruses just didn't seem to have any hooks. I can't put it any other way. They weren't catchy or memorable.

I wouldn't say it's a terrible album, but I doubt I'll be listening to it again any time soon. And up against such a very good album as Comalies, it pales in comparison. A shame because I was hoping they would take it to the next level.
Blu_Spykz
Not usually my cup of tea - though I like Nightwish / Evanescence.

First heard Lacuna Coil a few months back on Kerrang! TV - and really liked them. So much so, I bought Comalies and Karmacode

Very good band
dreamzwalker
hate to burst your bubble about lacuna coil and evanescence
but evanescence sounds like lacuna coil not the other way around.
If you can actually compare them - which music critics have.

Lacuna coil first appeared in 1996 as a different band and published first cd by 1998 while evanescence's first cd that was not local to Littlerock came out around 4-5 years later.

Lacuna also has 6-7 cds not including what they did as stand alones on different albums.
KoiboySG1
Lacuna Coil is a great band. i loved them form the start. im a big fan. and buy al there albums.
jobu
{quote]
Speaking of Christina, I used to love how she was so against showing skin to get attention in the music industry. However, I've been gradually losing respect for her, since it seems that her views are changing and she's wearing less and less in pictures to get ahead. I know that not everyone shares this opinion, but it's just something that bothers me sometimes.[quote]

I hear what your saying on skin, but after being in Los angeles for a while now, its such a different place that your perspective can change without you even knowing it. Don't be to hard on her, Its near impossible to keep to old values when the world seems to be changing all around you (even though if you leave LA and the industry its like back to normal).