FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Army

what do you think about the army?
good remuneration
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
you can help people
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
"war"?
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

roberpro
What do you think about people who work in the army?
Im a soldier and im studying hard to be sargent.Most people think the army its not a good job but in my opinion its a good job where you can meet people about all the world and learn lot of things.Some people match Army with war, shots, guns.. yes its true in some aspects but in the army you can help people from other countries and when you do you feel good with yourself.I dont want to convince you that the army is the best,just give your vote to this topic.so..what do you think about the army?
Phil
I'll tell you what. I was in the National Guard here in the States and have no regrets. I only wish I had taken the time to look around and see what other jobs the service had to offer. I was in an Mechanized Infantry Unit. Made it to E-5 (Sargent) before I got out. I could have been an E-6 but I knew I was not going to re-up, so I never went to the school.
I joined up at 17, with no idea of what I was going to do. My parents had just kicked me out the house, so I needed to do something. I was discharged in 1990 and my oldest son has just returned from finishing his basic training. He wants to be an officer of all things!
At the very least, the service gave me some discipline and direction for my life. A little bit of income too. I look around and there are lots of young people who could benifit from what the Service has to offer.
eagle1
roberpro wrote:
What do you think about people who work in the army?
Im a soldier and im studying hard to be sargent.Most people think the army its not a good job but in my opinion its a good job where you can meet people about all the world and learn lot of things.Some people match Army with war, shots, guns.. yes its true in some aspects but in the army you can help people from other countries and when you do you feel good with yourself.I dont want to convince you that the army is the best,just give your vote to this topic.so..what do you think about the army?

I was in the Air Force an enjoyed it. They paid for my college and the skills I learned in tech school helped me to get my first civilian job. I never directly fired a weapon but I helped support a group of people who did. I spent some time in the sandbox but it wasn't that bad...it was like Arizona. My dad spent 20 years in the Air Force at 38yo and is now about to retire from a civilian job. He's in his 50's and will have 2 retirements. His biggest financial problem now is to decide what color the corvette is going to be. He let the military take him where he wanted to go.
zamolxes
I think the army is a necessity. Is a need. Is a must. As in "people must slaughter other people". As in "people need slaughter". We need an army because we need to attack and to defend ourselves against other people who also need to attack and to defend. It's a vicious circle that started with the first man. Ammmm, no, even before. It started with the first unicellular bastard who didn't have enough room...
roberpro
Yes, the service in the army give you some discipline and direction for your life.You can learn lot of things, i hope being here quite time.Nowadays the army is not very hard job where you can learn new things for your life.