FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oasis!

shoes22
How many people like this band? And I don't mean people who've just heard Wonderwall or Don't Look Back In Anger and think its good...i mean their other stuff. My favorite album from them is Definitely Maybe, it's a classic rock & roll album and when it was released in '94 in Britain it was the fastest selling debut album from a rock group ever, and sold the most copies since Nevermind by Nirvana a few years before. Cool
hunterm
Yeah they're pretty good. They havn't done much recently but have lasted much longer than I thought they would.
nathanuk
They are a big gay bunch of bastards... there music is shit and it only sold fast because it was realised when other bands where still writing. They suck totaly uncool
hunterm
nathanuk wrote:
They are a big gay bunch of bastards... there music is |censored| and it only sold fast because it was realised when other bands where still writing. They suck totaly uncool

So no other bands were writing for 5 years then?
studsstudio
Oasis, I used their rock and roll accords to improvise on the piano back then. So I am inspired by their music for sure. Champagne Supernova and The Masterplan are very good songs, they express the blues-mood very nice. Some other songs have a slow and heavy cadance that I used to like, but not amymore.

The good thing about Oasis, I think, is that they manage that when you listen to a song (and you want to relisten it because of one musical fragment that is genious) you will always hear new musical lines within their thick music. They repeat a lot, but make slight variations that are so rock and roll. You really need to sit down and carefully listen to their music, and get used to their sound, before you'll like it.

Their whole music i would caractarise as poisoned with 'cigarettes and alcohol'. They have succeeded very well in translating into music that nasty taste and that dreary state of mental being. I think it is a great band.
shoes22
I must say though in recent years their music style has evolved and declined...but up until Be Here Now they were excellent.
anxiety1
one of my favouirte bands ever

they have released some of the best indie rocks songs ever.

Wonderwall is probably my favouirte song ever

Defentilt maybe and Whats the story (morning Glory) are two of my favourite albums.

unfortunalty ive never had the oppuritiny to see them live but ive i did id b the first to take it
Octaeder
I like some individual songs off their later albums but they've not had a sustainably great record since morning glory.

I didn't rate Be Here Now with the exception of one or two tracks. Same with Standing on... although Gas Panic! was genius. Since then I've really just not bothered. I think I've been jaded by the hype that always surrounds them because they've not lived up to it for a LONG time.
arandanos
i love oasis they are a style of moder beatles . i am from argentina and a few months before i went to see him and it was unbelibable and nowdays i have all his albums but i think that would be better if they take out his problems
The Mitchell
i alwaysfind theyd be a better band if they stopped trying to be the beatles. good band but they by no means deserve the glory they are given
spaz-o
Oasis are an excellent band. Personally I love Don't Look Back in Anger, even though it's one of their more famous songs. It's the best, I'm a sucker for those jazzy guitar parts. And I'm a sucker for Let There Be Love. I'm not sure why, probably due to my friend's influence.

Except I get the feeling you're just trying to show off that you know things about them.
The Mitchell
spaz-o wrote:
Except I get the feeling you're just trying to show off that you know things about them.

Aimed at me?
mattchun
Oasis is my favorite in high school!
till now, i still think their Stand By Me is the best of their work!
shoes22
I'm making a documentary of their earlier work right up to the release of Be Here Now, when they were at their peak. Cool
Pyro Man
Yeah I like Oasis, reminds me of mid 90's
ddukki
They're not really my cup of joe ( i don't really like all the echoing ), but not a lot of 90's alternative is. They are unique, though, and they have a really good sound. Loved their music for a while, but don't think I've heard anything new from them in, I'd say, 2 or 3 years?
Pyro Man
ddukki wrote:
They're not really my cup of joe ( i don't really like all the echoing ), but not a lot of 90's alternative is. They are unique, though, and they have a really good sound. Loved their music for a while, but don't think I've heard anything new from them in, I'd say, 2 or 3 years?

Late 2005 was their last song.
spaz-o
The Mitchell wrote:
spaz-o wrote:

Aimed at me?

No, aimed at the TS.

Sorry Razz
Blu_Spykz
Personally, From a fellow Mancunian, I hate Oasis.

I don't like the Gallaghers (baddd role models for people) - I don't like there music.

They were discovered in Scotland - shame they weren't in Ireland at the time.