FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is this allowed?

sonicj
I have the following script, which is designed to automatically post a killmail posted to my board on this server to another board on another server. This is the location familyties.frih.net/public_html/eve-killboard/common/class.parser.php
Is there anything in there as far as the forwarding that is not allowed, as this is not working. I know this works for other people on other servers. Thanks.

Quote:
// start send2otherkillboard
//
function send2otherkillboard($corp, $killmail)
{
if ($corp == 'yanks')
{
if (strstr($killmail, 'Team Americas')){

$data = "password=cyber&mail=" . $killmail;

PostToHost
(
"kos.griefwatch.net",
"?p=addmail",
"http://kos.griefwatch.net/?p=addmail",
$data
);
}
}
}

function PostToHost($host, $path, $referer, $data_to_send)
{
$fp = fsockopen($host,80,$errno, $errstr, 5);
if (!$fp) {
echo "Fehler: $errno - $errstr<br>\n";
}else{

fputs($fp, "POST $path HTTP/1.1\r\n");
fputs($fp, "Host: $host\r\n");
fputs($fp, "Referer: $referer\r\n");
fputs($fp, "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n");
fputs($fp, "Content-length: ". strlen($data_to_send) ."\r\n");
fputs($fp, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");
fputs($fp, stripslashes($data_to_send));
/*
while(!feof($fp))
{
$res .= fgets($fp)."<br>";
}
*/
fclose($fp);
}
return $res;
}

if (strstr($killmail, 'Team Americas')){ send2otherkillboard(yanks, $killmail); }
//
// end send2otherkillboard
//
Bondings
Could you maybe explain in first-grade non-technical English what exactly that script is doing? Because at the moment I have absolutely no clue and without a clue it's really hard to determine whether it's allowed or not.
tidruG
lol, no offense, but I can understand Bondings' post

Quote:
I have the following script, which is designed to automatically post a killmail posted to my board on this server to another board on another server.

Priceless! You should take up a job at MAD magazine
sonicj
Bondings wrote:
Could you maybe explain in first-grade non-technical English what exactly that script is doing? Because at the moment I have absolutely no clue and without a clue it's really hard to determine whether it's allowed or not.

ok i dont understand most of it myself but when someone posts a killmail to
http://familyties.frih.net/eve-killboard/index.php?a=post

the script is supposed to send it to
http://kos.griefwatch.net/?p=addmail
where it posts it there.

I assume that once it is posted on the frih site, it somehow goes through some port on frih server back to the kos.griefwatch.net site.

I wish I coud tell you more but I dont really understand it myself. I was hoping you could see from the script how it is doing it and be able to tell me if it was doing something that is not allowed, since it seems to work from other servers where the script is being used.
Animal
This may be a strange question, but if you don't understand how it works or what it does, why do you want to use it on your Frihost account anyway? What purpose will it serve?
sonicj
i understand what it does...just not technically or how it does it...as i have very little understanding of php.

what it does is allows a person to post a "kill mail" from a game to my killboard hosted here...and then it automatically posts it to another board(that we want it posted to) without having to go there and copy and paste a second time to another killboard....in other words, with one post it posts on 2 boards, saving effort.