FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My new pet

generalgazz
I have just bought a baby tarantula, anybody else here own one?
Do you leave it in its tank or handle it?

Mine is tiny at the moment it must only be a few weeks old... it's smaller than a normal spider at the moment.

It has also escaped twice already and I have only had it a week, I had to clear all my furniture out just to find the thing which took hours Mad
Srs2388
awesome... i like spiders Very Happy there really cool I usedto have a spider i caught outside i fed it bugs all the time
Peterssidan
lol a spider! Laughing not like a cat but maby it's fun Cool Can you feed it with anything you want or do you have to buy food in the shop?
generalgazz
Its not like I can feed it chips or anything Smile

At the moment because it is so small I need to feed it baby crickets once a week, soon it should be able to eat larger ones and maybe when its older some baby mice.
ashen
Wow, cool!
Is it dangerous when the baby grows up?
Peterssidan
Quote:
Its not like I can feed it chips or anything

I didn't mean that you can feed it with whatever you want but ants, bugs and other insects. Wink I know that you can feed your spider with a dog or a T-shirt!

But how big can they be? Do you gonna buy baby mices? or will you feed up baby mices. I ones had three mices and they got baby mices but the mother didn't take care of them so they died. The are all ded know. Wink
PatTheGreat42
Spiders are cool 'cause they got some awesome anatomy. Their lungs, their movement - everything with spiders is extra-neeto.
Anticollie
Hmm, spiders... not sure I could own one and feel like it was "my pet" i view pets as cats, dogs, things that get to know you and gain a sense of loyalty. Spiders are... anything but that, really.

Although, they are rather cool looking, but i would be rather paranoid to one morning wake up to see it crawling on my face. YETCH!

Anticollie.
genchan
Where I am living, there are just tons of them. Some are extremely big, feasting themselves on insects around.

Aren't tarantula poisonous? I wonder as well how big they will get. Btw, how do you tell if a spider is poisonous or not?
av1595
I like to catch catepillars and feed them in jars. When they cocoon I move them into a huge 6' by 6' by 6' glass cage (with a screen top) in my garage. I have my own DIY butterfly house.
duddits
I would like a Mantis, then I will give it to eat a spider Razz Razz just kidding! hehehe I hope u can get a nice life with ur tarantula, I like it!
JOHN L. FLORES
mantis and spider are not thesame species. But spider can eat the mantis in a very way! so next time, dont mixed mantis with your spider. ! right? Laughing
calanit
My friend just got Tarantula! I just love to watch it eats!! it's so cool! she's a killer!
thealpha
although I don't have one, I would like to hear my friends to talk about them,
what is your experience?
anburiku
*shudder* spiders aren't my favorite pet, didn't have a good encounter with it when i was 5
Annush_K
I think spiders are awesome :3 Wouldn't have my own though, as my dogs would easily make a snack out of it. But one of my friends wants one at home. Only her parents are against that scary pets...
Drawingguy
When you say poisonous, it means that should you ingest it, it would be toxic and harmful. Venomous means that it can inject a toxin forcibly into a subject of choice. Anyway, tarantulas are cool. Once they get comfortable, they can grow relatively large, and will pounce on a cricket. It's crazy seeing one in action.