FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

c++ compilator

animassacre
What do u use?

I'm tryed to make some program ,but my compiler was so bugy that i dumped the project.
{name here}
I think you mean compiler(or in simpler terms builder). There are many compilers you can use that are out there. GCC is a good compiler you could use for C/C++. There is also Visual C++, Borland C++, and various others, too.
animassacre
I have used GCC and i found it to be bugy ,it may be because i usualy don't use the most right way of doing things. I used a lot of big arrays and in the end i found that somehow it's interfiring with some other variables.

I think of trying someting from Microsoft ,but first I have to get my org. PC
back---some problems with the mather board.
Stubru Freak
animassacre wrote:
I have used GCC and i found it to be bugy ,it may be because i usualy don't use the most right way of doing things. I used a lot of big arrays and in the end i found that somehow it's interfiring with some other variables.

I think of trying someting from Microsoft ,but first I have to get my org. PC
back---some problems with the mather board.

GCC is the industry standard for Linux and certainly not buggy.
jackill
GCC is the best compiler, U event don`t need to install it on Your PC, just need any Linux machie account with ssh support. I`m using GCC at home where I`m 2nd PC without mouse, keyboard, monitor, I`m connecting to it via ssh, and compiling programs, because I needn`t to install Linux at my 1st PC Smile Or if You want to win compiler use dev c++ or eclipse with plugin Smile
{name here}
jackill wrote:
GCC is the best compiler, U event don`t need to install it on Your PC, just need any Linux machie account with ssh support. I`m using GCC at home where I`m 2nd PC without mouse, keyboard, monitor, I`m connecting to it via ssh, and compiling programs, because I needn`t to install Linux at my 1st PC Smile Or if You want to win compiler use dev c++ or eclipse with plugin Smile

If you don't want to use an IDE(as many don't) you can use MinGW's GCC port.
sarapicoazul
Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition and Borland Turbo C++ Explorer are both free and very good options. If you are developing cross-platform applications than perhaps GCC is better. For a GCC Windows port look for MinGW.
brauningbar
suppose ure a window user:

digital mars has a good simple compiler dmc .
redice
Gcc is the most pupulare C/C++ compiler. It is used in lots of product, if you find it buggy, it may because you use a unstable version or use buggy libraries.
sush
GCC cannot be buggy!!! God cannot err!!!

If you're on windows get Dev-C++ that comes with a MinGW port of GCC. Get it from bloodshed.net it's a fairly good IDE with basic tools.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition has lots of features and is very friendly. I won't talk about good or bad.
Jermore
A good free compiler that I've used since I started programming 5 yrs ago was the DevC++ compiler from www.bloodshed.net.

It has all your basic features and they are fairly complete. (btw builder isnt the same as compiler)
STYLAN
If you want to start from scratch Turbo c++ is what you are looking for.
Otherwise you can use gcc.
Its really good and powerful
Arno v. Lumig
STYLAN wrote:

No, you don't want an ancient compiler if you're going to start from scratch. Dev-Cpp is very good for windows users, for Linux GCC is the way to go.

Greetz,
Arno
Cole
Definently Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition if you want a free one. Along with the nasty 300meg SDK for header files.
sarapicoazul
Arno v. Lumig wrote:
STYLAN wrote:

No, you don't want an ancient compiler if you're going to start from scratch. Dev-Cpp is very good for windows users, for Linux GCC is the way to go.

Greetz,
Arno

Borland Turbo C++ Explorer is a new product, not an ancient compiler.

http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_turbo.html
Jeyon
To me, Dev-C 4.9.9.2 the beta one, is good enough lol.

Not really bug Laughing
deneb.star
Clearly I recommend dev-cpp
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/

I have been trying to boost its introduction in my company for already 3 years but the most of my boss are still reluctant about Open Source.
arkebuzer
animassacre wrote:
What do u use?

I'm tryed to make some program ,but my compiler was so bugy that i dumped the project.

Ive used Borland C++ quite a lot... But about 2 years ago I tried Dev C++, and its a lot easier to use. And it also has a cleaner look.
Since Im not a pro at programming it does not really matter though. they all pretty much work the same way Wink
akshar
Quote:

I m using GCC efficiently and it gives me fine results.borland c++ is too good
u hv not specified which compiler u r using .try GCC it is best

Laughing Laughing Laughing
[/quote]
animassacre
I have droped the idea of wearnig C++ for a while.
I used windows, and may be if i found some time to play around with C it wiil be in windows again.
Didn't know that Visual c++ is free, i have to check it out.
icedrakon
the best i haved used is Dev-C++ fast ligth and open source