FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Radioblogs

CyanEyed
hi,

http://www.radioblogclub.com

its a free php and flash based media player.

the TOS say that music files arent allowed on the frihost servers. but if all the files are on another server (including music files, php, flash etc) ie.a filehost or another webhost, can we link to it?

for example, i have my website at http://cyaneyed.frih.net. if i found another host, which allowed music files and radioblogs to be stored on their servers, lets say cyaneyed.xyz.com, on my page, can i have a link to cyaneyed.xyz.com/(radioblogfolder)/index.php.

thanks

CyanEyed

ps. i forgot to mention, the files arent available to download by the public, and even if someone did find a way to download it, the files are in .rbs format, which cant be played on a normal computer.
Bondings
Did you create those music files and have the full legal copyright/permission to distribute them?

If not, then it stays illegal even if the files are hard to play on a normal computer (which really doesn't matter). And hence not allowed.
Animal
CyanEyed wrote:
ps. i forgot to mention, the files arent available to download by the public, and even if someone did find a way to download it, the files are in .rbs format, which cant be played on a normal computer.

.rbs files can be played on any computer with the correct software.
The-Master
.rbs files are the most easy files in the world to convert to mp3. I even made a programme to do it for me...
CyanEyed
okay, i take that as a resounding no.

what if i get the tracks and remix them using a sound editing program, for example, mess the order of the words around or filter it, add my own music to it or stuff like that. then its not an original by the artist. would that be allowed? or does it have to be something completely original by me?
Animal
CyanEyed wrote:
okay, i take that as a resounding no.

what if i get the tracks and remix them using a sound editing program, for example, mess the order of the words around or filter it, add my own music to it or stuff like that. then its not an original by the artist. would that be allowed? or does it have to be something completely original by me?

No, you can't do this either. You are not allowed to sample even short parts of artists tracks without paying them royalties so doing this would still be copyright infringement. The only music you can host is stuff you've made and performed yourself - even then you need official permission to host it.