You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I've seen a lot of topics about MSN messanger, yahoo messanger, and of course Aim. I was wondering if anyone besides me uses xfire.
It is in my opinion a Genius program.
For those of you that havent heard of it here is some info

XfireTM is a new, free tool that automatically keeps track of when and where gamers are playing PC games online and lets their friends join them easily. It works regardless of game type, server browser, or gaming service that a player is using. Xfire eliminates the hassles of running multiple programs like IRC, instant messengers, or in-game friends lists to keep track of when and where a gamer's friends are playing. It supports the best and the latest online PC games including server- and non-server-based First Person Shooters, Real Time Strategy, and Role Playing Games.

Xfire was founded by Dennis "Thresh" Fong (World Champion of Quake) and Mike Cassidy (former CEO of Direct Hit). Xfire is based in Menlo Park, CA.

In April of 2006, Xfire was acquired by Viacom. Viacom is one of the leading global entertainment content companies, with prominent and respected brands in focused demographics. Offering programming and content for television, motion pictures and digital platforms, Viacom's world-class brands include MTV Networks (MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, CMT: Country Music Television, Spike TV, TV Land, Logo and more than 120 networks around the world), BET Networks, Paramount Pictures, Paramount Home Entertainment, DreamWorks and Famous Music. More information about Viacom and its businesses is available at

Hopefully that brought you up-to date on xfire.
Their website is
I personaly use Xfire, if you want to talk to me add me on xfire.
My Xfire:kooldude111
My nickname is: YouAreMyEnemy. Add me if you want to.
Yeah I used to use Xfire. I say it's pretty good, but I think it just ran out of the amount of cool features that kept me using it. I downloaded Windows Messenger and I dont ever even hover my mouse cursor over the Xfire icon anymore! Xfire is good for computer gamers, but people who don't play games as much should use other instant messengers. Anyways, I think my account is barronkidz... Dont expect to be answered though. Razz
Xfire is an awesome program for instant messaging for gaming. It allows someone to chat while playing a game, keeps track of how long you play and even set up clans. If you want to add me to you Xfire list, my username is: zku7485. Very Happy
Use Xfire Love MSN, only want to use one client?
Well Has the answer! Its called Xfire Plus, and its amazingly good!!

Xfire Plus: Multi-IM allows you to see which friends are using MSN and even chat with them. You are able to fully communicate with your Xfire friends and MSN friends all in the same client. This opens up a whole new field for Xfire users, because now you can still keep in touch with your buddies, without opening a new client.

One of the cool things about this, is that everything you do in Xfire will be seen by your MSN friends. If you set your status, it will reflect the status into MSN. If you are playing a game, it will show your friends the game you are playing. Same goes if you are in a specific server, it will display the IP address to them. (Obviously they won't be able to one-click join you, because they aren't using Xfire. Hopefully this will get them jealous and make them download Xfire too.)

Lastly, the coolest part of this, is the ability to chat with your MSN friends from in-game. Now you don't have to worry about your game losing focus when a buddy messages you, nor do you have to alt-tab out of the game to tell them to go away. All MSN messages will come straight to your Xfire In-Game window. It will even show your MSN friends in the buddy list, so if you need to tell them to email you the homework they did, you can do it right from your game.

You need to download this amazing application!!!
Please search before posting.