FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lego Star Wars 2

reddishblue
I played the demo of this (i liked it) and I want to know if its a good game for me to buy cuz i don't like buying bad games (duh) so tell me if its worth buying. Very Happy
disidro
I've almost beat it and I must say it's a very fun game though it's not difficult at all. It has some replay value and many little secrets you can unveil when you replay the levels, but the story mode is pretty short. I'd give it 7 points out of 10.
Nitro15
It is a lot of fun! I would suggest you buy it. I have beaten it twice now and it still is fun. The amount of time it takes is also supriseingly long (even my 3rd time through) so the 1st time play value is extremely high. I play it over and over because I like it so much so I also say that the replay value is through the roof. So again I say buy it.
driftingfe3s
I beat the game with my brother fairly quicly (about 3 or 4 sessions a few hours each). It is very fun, especially playing with a second player. The game also has lots of replay value if you want to go and colect eveything there is in the game.
Lusiphur
I've not played it yet but am intending on picking it up.

If it's anywhere as good as the first game it will be worth it. While it is primarilly a kids game it;s simpleness is addictive and a great way to waste 30 mins while bored.

Deff getting it conisdering everyone I know that has played it has enjoyed it.
fpsaddict
Many people under-estimate it because the main audience of the game was aimed at children, but the game is extremely fun for all ages.
TarsajumaClan
fpsaddict wrote:
Many people under-estimate it because the main audience of the game was aimed at children, but the game is extremely fun for all ages.

i agree. My 8 year old cousin first turned me on to this game. It is alot of fun
Motoracer380
lego games are fun..ive been playing lego racers on n64 the last few days...ide like that new starwars lego game..seems fun.
eLto
I'm 20 and I love Lego Star Wars. Both of them keeps me going. I'm currently playing through LSW2, and if you do like star wars in general, you'll "lmao" of all the sillyness they put in the games. As you may have seen in the demo(not sure which level it is), the jokes thrown everywhere are simply amazing Smile
squirrelmaster
i'm also planning to get it,
at first i was skeptical, but after playing it at a friends house i really liked it Cool

it's cool how i could change ships/lego guys mid-game!
rip8fan1
If plan on playing two-player games, I'd get the xbox version, as I think it is better in co-op mode. If you are just going to play alone - the PC version is fine!

Buy it!!
squirrelmaster
i played it on gamecube and the 2-player seemed fine,
but maybe you just meant all consoles? (because of the gamepad, but then again computers can get gamepads too Wink)
Zpanzer
ive tried it on my 360 and i must say i really laughed when using "the force" on the stormtroopers rotating their helmet Smile also when you beated the demo you get to play all kind of characters, and playing a dark jedi was really enjoying when roasting NPC's with my imba lighning thingy. I was thinking about buying it but i decided id rather get GoW(Gears of War) that comes out on the 17th november(well, EU, the 7th or 12th in US) which im looking forward too Smile
Kitten Kong
Don't forget the PC version has coop too, I finished it once with my GF and once with my brother. My god its a silly but fun game.
pokethamage
i just bought it today for $10...it was on sale...anyways i think it's a nice game...very different from the common FPS or RTS or Sims...but then...i dont play adventure games that much
rip8fan1
pokethamage wrote:
i just bought it today for $10...it was on sale...anyways i think it's a nice game...very different from the common FPS or RTS or Sims...but then...i dont play adventure games that much

What system and where did you find it for $10??
bonestorm74
This looks liek fun and I think I might have to try it out. I heard the puzzles are good and that you can play co-op, is this true?
disidro
bonestorm74 wrote:
This looks liek fun and I think I might have to try it out. I heard the puzzles are good and that you can play co-op, is this true?

That's true, you have to think a little before solving puzzles because you can switch between different characters and each one of them opens only certain doors. Plus, you can play on any level with a buddy, but if he or she wants to leave at any time you only have to complete the current level and on the next one you can start by your own.
Freecel
LSW2 is rly funny and i like sometimes play for it xD
Nutteloos
If you're going for the PC version, I'd definately recommend using a gamepad/joystick of some sort. Doesn't have to be an expensive one, you only need a few buttons, really.

LSW2 is great for playing with a smaller brother (/sister?) but as for single-player, it gets dull a tad too soon for my taste.
pokethamage
rip8fan1 wrote:
What system and where did you find it for $10??

I bought it from Best Buy and it's for PC.
fashioncrimewave
i've been told by a friend that it's great...

i've seen it advertized for PC for $20.
Daisie
My 8 yr old daughter and her father are addicted to it Laughing , I personnaly think that it's very funny.

Based on the comments above (and a very stutborn kid) we will get the 2.
pokethamage
lol yeah they (lucasarts) retold star wars lego-style with lots of added humor...i especially love the scene where luke gets his lightsaber from obiwan...but i didnt finish the whole game yet so i may be missing some of the funnier parts toward the end...