FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rounded div corners using only css, no images! Must see

warallthetm
I was being nosey and was looking at the youtube page source the other day, i noticed a tag thanking http://www.spiffycorners.com/ for something. So i went to http://www.spiffycorners.com/ to find out what it was, turns out to be awsome. This site allows you to makeanti-aliased rounded corners using only css!
Dragate
WOW!

The person who thought of that, seriously is good at CSS. I took a look at the code, man that's crazy. They used like multiple things on one.

I'm sure that's going to come in so much use later, but for people who don't know CSS, they can't adjust the area of rounding o.o

It's a pretty good program, but of course now that I know it, theres no point in useing it MUHAHAHA

It's prettyy cool, Still can't get it over in my head.
warallthetm
mu jaw dropped when i saw this
FunDa
The amazing thing is that the code looks really simple Very Happy
Bengt
that's awesome man Very Happy
JayBee
hmmmmm <== complimentary growlery
Vanquish
Looks quite good, although i'm not into that stuff, but I know how to round the corners on an image though!

Neal
LukeakaDanish
This rounded-corner technique is actually rather stupid in my oppinion:

CSS and HTML should be used to format content. It should not be used to replace images - this kinda job should be done, and could be done (more effectively) with images.

Also the filesize for the code is much higher than the size of a full-quality .png would have been, and all the extra div's would make the source code for your document look rather confusing.

Confused
eLto
wouldn't it be a lot easier to just make a gif with transparency? 'twould even look better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, thing looks great, but why would you bother making a squared image and then typing several paragraphs of code to round the edges, when you can just do that while you are creating the image?