FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.urbanmagicshop.com

warallthetm
Well, I haven't been posting much resently because I've been working hard on this sites design. www.UrbanMagicShop.com offer the cheapest magic trick s on the web. Every trick is $3.00 and is delivered instantly through email. The payments are done through paypal so they are secure. Right now I only have 2 tricks up, but tommorrow i will be placing "The Crow aka The Vanisher" which allows you to vansih coins and stuff. The two tutorials i have up right now are very thuroughly explained. Please comment on the sites design/functionality.

Next weekend I will be adding 3 more tricks....
Thanks!
ncwdavid
I cant click on the tricks to see previews. Do you have the proper two card monte with the real move because i have seen some really stupid versions of the two card monte with the cards changing under the deck etc?
warallthetm
the shop part is fully up yet, the two card monte is the real two card monte though
SlowWalkere
Nifty site you've got. I like the color scheme and the graphic up top.

The only thing I'd change would be to include a text list of the tricks somewhere. The pictures are cool, but "Key Card" is very hard to read on the blue background. Also, without knowing what the tricks are before hand I might skip over an otherwise interesting trick because the name didn't catch my eye.

As a fix, you might include a separate page with a full-text list of the tricks, including a thumbnail picture, a 1-2 sentence description, and the difficulty. You could also make a graphic to represent the difficulty level (i.e. 1-5 stars, cards, hands, or something where 1 is easy and 5 is difficult).

Also, there are a couple of typos. On the front page, "immediately" is missing the last "e". On the "Promos" page, the layout is messed up and "frequently" and "awesome" are spelled wrong. I don't mean to be nitpicky with the spelling, but fixing the errors will make the page seem more professional and reliable.

Good luck,
- Walkere
warallthetm
I have changed the trick selection bar. (i will upload tonight) I have changed the product page (already uploaded) and i will check for typos in a bit. Thanks man!
plato
Quote:
Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

This is a Problem with your site!
warallthetm
Its probably a problem with the server. Can you please tell me some info? What time, that date, what browser, and what operating system were you using when this happened? (so i can submit it to the server admins) Thanks
spider
Id have to agree with SlowWalkere, but on your home page, your animated text goes of the page, and tends to be a lil annoying,,,
Id probably use a Ticker for something like this on my site...
good luck
warallthetm
I just made a new promo that could earn you $2.00 a month! Check out my signature for more info.
plato
plato wrote:
Quote:
Gateway Timeout
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem still remains!!!
warallthetm
Odd..... i works fine for me......
smart19
in my opinion
the website is too 'black'

for magic show, there should be sth. exciting to attract people to see your magic
chrismen
Nice idea and good site but I personally wouldn't buy it.
ncwdavid
Sorry to say but that is not the real way to do the 2 card monte. This is the real one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurhfWrE6rg
It includes 2 major slights.
Hunterseaker
Hmm I dont realy like the site.
I dont think it is a good site to sell your stuff. It's to basic and not very professional. make it more in a overview style, were you can browse very quickly and where you quickly can see what you offer and were you can buy them. I also think the marque is very anoying.
Tho the tricks are cool Wink
plato
plato wrote:
plato wrote:
Quote:
Gateway Timeout

The problem still remains!!!

Don't you want to fix it?
arkebuzer
The site has a really simple design. But the top banner is looking really neat! nice work on that Smile
Good luck with the business!
Hobbit
I don't like the menu and gradient, the rest looks pretty good.
mjohnson
Cool Homepage,I like black website Razz
I also have a Urban Magic AHA. find it in my signature Cool
Rawr
Pretty nice, I like when you mouse over one of the tricks a difficulty box pops up. Smile The only thing I don't like is the banner. Too busy.