FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server crashing

genchan
I heard about the server crashed last year. What is the possibility of such thing happening again in the future?

Thank you.
TeenZine
Well I belive frihost is backing up there logs more frequently so If it dose happen it shouldn't take more then a day to get it fixed because im sure all the wonderful staff here are fast. As for chances of it happening again id say a 100% that it could but probably wont. Hey its free hosting thow And reliable hosting at that.
Bondings
We don't guarantee any data integrity or similar. We do have backups but they aren't perfect and can also be hacked/errased in the worst case scenario.

You should always have a recent copy/backup of your data. Not only on free hosting, but simply always.

I really can't give you a % possibility of the hard disk failing or the server getting hacked and/or data errased - it's way too hard to predict. I'm doing my best to minimize the risks and that's all I can do.
Blaster
The server 2 crash from like Febuary taught us all a lesson. Before and after you do anything on your site you should back up. It takes maybe 3 minutes to make a backup on your site and it isn't that hard to do. And the big reason that failed (so i believe) is becuase it was a newer server and all and since then we haven't had that big of a problem with server 2. They are always up and thats the only problem i've ever really had with them.
alkady
Server crashes happen to the best of us all, this kind of stuff just happens unexpectedly. The only way to prevent it from occuring too many times is proper maintainance and proper care of the systems.
TeenZine
alkady wrote:
Server crashes happen to the best of us all, this kind of stuff just happens unexpectedly. The only way to prevent it from occuring too many times is proper maintainance and proper care of the systems.
Which im sure bondings is doing. Compaired to other hosting sites I use to be hosted on Fihost has the least downtime.
Vrythramax
backseat Moderating TeenZine?

Shame on you

(and it's spelled "FRIHOST".)

thought you knew the rules...and you want to be a mod?

Shocked