FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clearing Non-Posters

reddishblue
I have found in the member list that there are many many people who joined at the dawn of Frihost time and are yet to post, I suggest that we deleat all these stationary members.
Please tell me if this is a good idea.
ocalhoun
One question: Why?
1) Those people might, by some strange chance actually come back.
2) Deleting them would waste admin time.
3) Where do you draw the line? How soon do you have to make a post before your 'new' account is deleted?
simplyw00x
I think a solid set of criteria would help. For a start, it's dishonest to claim frihost has x many members if a third or however many never post and never have, so are probably dupes.
mathiaus
simplyw00x wrote:
For a start, it's dishonest to claim frihost has x many members if a third or however many never post and never have, so are probably dupes.

Not at all. Thats how many registered members there are. If we claimed we had x active members, then it would be dishonest, at current though its a (truthful) fact.
reddishblue
ocalhoun wrote:
One question: Why?
1) Those people might, by some strange chance actually come back.
2) Deleting them would waste admin time.
3) Where do you draw the line? How soon do you have to make a post before your 'new' account is deleted?

k one if they have gone for more than 1 year they truly are gone, they can sign up again, two your right, three how about a month.

Reddish Blue
Bockman
Can't see a valid reason for doing that.. IF they have an account and are innactive, they will be removed from hosting.
Remove forum users that are innactive is just extra work for nothing.

Be Well Cool
simplyw00x
By claiming we have x registered members, we claim that x individuals are at least present on the forum. With the large number of inactive accounts, that is not the case. Furthermore, it uses up usernames people may want, and wastes an (albeit small) amount of resources.
ocalhoun
We do have x number of members!
Just 'cause they aren't active dosn't mean they aren't members.
It says "We have 25976 registered users", and that's a true statement: 25976 people have registered here.
fpsaddict
There is no point really, also they might come back.
babumuchhala
I have always been saying that we should remove all registered members who havent posted a single post ever, and are older than 3 months.

I guess 3 months is long time enough for someone to atleast make 1 post, and if they dont and wanna come back i suppose they wouldnt mind re-registering.

And as for Frihost lying, well its all a game of words. Saying We have 25K registered members is not wrong, but for a new commer it always means that this forum is huge. So I guess if bondings just wanna boast abt it, he aint gonna remove those dud members.

P.S: Might be wrong but a cleanup was done once when we were around 10K mark Rolling Eyes
mathiaus
This has been suggested before.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-39077.html

-close-