FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Donate on websites

truespeed
Has anyone ever clicked onto a donate link and donated money to a website? I have seen lots of websites with donate buttons on,and just wondered if anyone actually ever does donate.
scotty
I never have.

Wikipedia is totally run on donations and if I was to donate it would be to a site like that. Other sites that provide a decent and continual service are worthy of a donation.

When Richard Hammond had his car crash heaps of people donated to the air ambulance service that flew him from the crash to hospital and that was done online.
roadruner
if i could i would donate to a couple of sites
but i don't have a credit card or something similar so it's kind of difficult to donate without one
maybe if i get myself a credit card i'll consider donating to a site or two
Dezrok
I've donated to one site before, but that was to get special priviliges(sp?)..
If I had money, I'd donate to some other sites.

But for now, they can wait. Razz
Bondings
People rarely donate to websites, even in the case of Wikipedia. Sure they get nice sums, but that's nothing if you compare it to all their visitors.
soulman
I only donate to one forum once, that a good chinese anime & manga site...
pelin
there are maybe 2 or 3 sites on which i would make a donation and those are sites where i know all the owners and staff very well,but i dont have a credit card so its difficult to donate with bank transactions ,etc..........
seanooi
i only donated to 1 forum before, because they provided good service and had very friendly users. But other than that I never did quite trust donations on other sites. Some say that as a token of donation you will get something. To me that sounds more like paying to get something rather than donating and getting a free gift. Hey, nothing's free Laughing
GProject
You know, I haven't either. I've thought about it, but I've never actually donated any money. It would have to be a really good site or cause for me to donate though - there are loads of people out there asking for your money.

I put it down to being a poor student.