FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mortal Kombat

shaolintemple
Mortal Kombat

I love mortal kombat, I will let you know my strategy for playing it in every one of the games! Very Happy

Mortal Kombat 1
For those of you who do not know what Mortal Kombat really is, I will give you a brief descritpion of this game, this game is basically a fighting game, although it is not an online game. I still find it quite useful for, everyone to play it. My game strategy for this game, is just well, I use a massive amount of combos just to keep my oponents guessing on what I am going to do next, I love the following characters in this game:
    Liu Kang, Raiden

I love those characters for they were the best to play with and the gameplay in this game alone was a great thing. It first hit arcades and it blew them away! I mean the blood in this game gave it that kick it needed, they also came out with a new system for a finisher, not like street fighter, this game had one of the greatest thing a fighting game can offer..Fatalities! For those of you who don't know what they are..they are finishers..bloody finishers that you can perform on your oponent just to finish him off! I thought that the best tactic again, was to perform countless hit combos to keep the opponent guessing at which move you will make, or may make, it puts fear in them! HEH!

Mortal Kombat 2
You guessed it, there was a sequal more blood and more violence. I am not prone to violence but anyways. This game had more cast of characters and a better storyline than the first Mortal Kombat, the graphics were enhanced ten fold because of the new tech. found during that time. The main tactic I used for this game was basically the same, but this time instead of only picking two characters I used more of a variety..that way! I could get my oponent off guard! They had way more fatalities and way more blood in this game as mentioned earlier..it was a great game. Again it was for the arcade which means I didn't have it on a home system, But I liked to face random people, it was fun all the same!

Etc.

I could go on forever and ever..but I won't I would just be wasting space, here is my overall summary of Mortal Kombat:

Mortal Kombat
The strategy I basically use is known as the "Cheese" Strategy, that will pretty much explain it, and I think that I use it quite well, I am very skilled at MK and have been for the 10 years I have played it! I love it and can't get enough of it! Hope you enjoy my post!
medievalman26
Apparently only hardcore guys like us have actually played the first two MK's. I have all of the games except MK3. I really cannot wait until the next one MK Armagedon comes out. I did play MK1,2,3,trilogy,and4 in the arcade they were all so very fun (and costly... so...many... lost quaters). After a while people stop playing against me and I got board with the Arcade. As the announcer would say You Chose Wisely. I think the game rocks my favorite character besides Lui Kang has to be Sub Zero or Noob Saibot leaning more towards Sub Zero as my picture will no doubt give away. How about yourself?
wwe4me
I played only Mortal Kombat 4.
It is one of the "fighting" games, that are most populary.
I think that is the most fighting game that ever played, It's really a good game for those who likes the fighting zaner.
Nitro15
I love the mortal Kombat games! I have played and beaten all my friends at them. No matter how involved I get into MMOs MK will still be my favorite. What I want to see is a MK MMO. I know what you are thinking "that can't be done" or "that just another MxO" but I have it all worked out. Bind one of the triggers or the L/R 2 buttons on the xbox/PS2 controller to a lock on. Then import everything els and make the maps huge. Then sell the game (for PC only) with a joypad of either an xbox or PS2 controller. This way we can get the MMO and we don't loose any of the great fighting game that we love. That is just my idea anyway.
GProject
I can remember playing Mortal Komat 4 on an arcade machine, before I got it for N64. That was a pretty fun game, although I am rubbish at fighting games (just press every button like a maniac and hope I win).

There used to be an MK2 arcade machine where I went on holiday, that you could trick into giving you free games. I'm still not sure how we did it.
brevity
I remember playing the original MK in the arcade at the bowling alley, and then MK II. Sweet.

and then I had MK for the sega genesis! ABACABB! BLOOOOOD
medievalman26
Nitro15 wrote:
I love the mortal Kombat games! I have played and beaten all my friends at them. No matter how involved I get into MMOs MK will still be my favorite. What I want to see is a MK MMO. I know what you are thinking "that can't be done" or "that just another MxO" but I have it all worked out. Bind one of the triggers or the L/R 2 buttons on the xbox/PS2 controller to a lock on. Then import everything els and make the maps huge. Then sell the game (for PC only) with a joypad of either an xbox or PS2 controller. This way we can get the MMO and we don't loose any of the great fighting game that we love. That is just my idea anyway.

There is an MMO it is called MK Deception you just plug into a network and can play other people online. It seems pretty cool but I have not played it yet so I should shut up now.
brevity
I haven't played it either but the idea seemed pretty cool. I remember when it first came out. I haven't kept up with the MK series since MKIII. My neighbor and best friend at the time always had MK and would kick my ass. He was soo good at fighting games... hell, video games in general really.
medievalman26
brevity wrote:
I haven't played it either but the idea seemed pretty cool. I remember when it first came out. I haven't kept up with the MK series since MKIII. My neighbor and best friend at the time always had MK and would kick my ******. He was soo good at fighting games... hell, video games in general really.

I know the feeling. I have a site you should visit it is for the new MK Armaggedon game. They have a bunch of really awsome features just watch all of the videos they have. I am going to go and buy it really soon. (As soon as I get the money)Sad

http://mkarmageddon.com/
zenocide17
Have any of you guys played this game yet? If so what did you think of it? I am debating on whether or not to get it for my PS2. I am definitely going to get it for the Wii when it comes out for that in 2007, but am not sure if I should get it to play on the PS2 before than.
bubbleball
After activation closed, don't know who crate mortal kombat?
medievalman26
zenocide17 wrote:
Have any of you guys played this game yet? If so what did you think of it? I am debating on whether or not to get it for my PS2. I am definitely going to get it for the Wii when it comes out for that in 2007, but am not sure if I should get it to play on the PS2 before than.

You should totally get it for the PS2 don't wait for the Wii. I got Armaggedon and I love it especially now that I have my own character. I combinedseveral different characters moves and also made him look like the orignal Subzero From MK1 and 2. Konquest is now unbelievabe and I say it rocks.
antonio100
it's one of the best fighting game ever Wink
everyman
Aah,

Johnny Cage,
Subzero,
Scorpion,
Sonya,
Liu Kang
Kano
and of course Raiden

Those names still bring good memories...
medievalman26
Those are some great fighters listed I (obviously) think subzero is the best one though.
kany
WEll its seems quite away that i last played mortal kombat I Played only the Mortal Kombat 4 and enjoyed it but didn't find it upto the mark . I liked the Tekken series more at that time and played it quite often .
roach831
yeah i used to like mortal kombat like the 2nd 3rd, and i really liked that one called shaolin something, but then i got tired of the game consoles
medievalman26
kany wrote:
WEll its seems quite away that i last played mortal kombat I Played only the Mortal Kombat 4 and enjoyed it but didn't find it upto the mark . I liked the Tekken series more at that time and played it quite often .

I love the Tekken seris too. I have played all the Mortal Kombat games and own all but three of them.

roach831 wrote:
yeah i used to like mortal kombat like the 2nd 3rd, and i really liked that one called shaolin something, but then i got tired of the game consoles

You really have to try the new one even if you just rent it it is awsome.
roach831
yeah i might have to take a look at that game probably buy it and hopefully i like it.
Codeman1
The gameplay is awsome and the weapons graphics are better new chars everything. If you like fighting games this is the game for you.
medievalman26
I know Codeman1 have you seen the specials unlocked in the Krypt yet. Some of them were eh but most of them were awsome.