FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

zoom 5610 adsl modem

JoseRizal
hi! has anyone with the zoom 5610 modem able to install it without the cd?

i lost my cd, and i can't get my pc to see the modem. it's hooked up to my ethernet card, and to the phone line, and i do have the service activated.

according to the zoom website, the installation program is not necessary to get the modem to work, but how?
billgertz
its a USB ADSL modem so you need to download the drivers first so you can have in installed. you can download it here http://www.zoomtel.com/techsupport/adsl/adsl_usb.shtml .. im not sure if it has a DHCP. I like your nick, Pinoy ka ano?
Bones
billgertz wrote:
its a USB ADSL modem so you need to download the drivers first so you can have in installed. you can download it here http://www.zoomtel.com/techsupport/adsl/adsl_usb.shtml .. im not sure if it has a DHCP. I like your nick, Pinoy ka ano?

The original post says that the modem is connected to ethernet and not USB.
If the modem is connected via ethernet then the pc will never see the modem and doesn't need to.

- are you SURE it is connected via ethernet and not USB? (if it is a USB connection the see the previous post)
- Is the driver for the NIC installed?
- Is your connection always on or PPPoE? (if it is PPPoE then you need to set up the PPPoE dialer)
- have you contacted your ISP to verify that your modem is online?
- what lights on the modem are on?
- can you ping a web address from command line? (yahoo.com will return ping requests, not all internet servers will)
- has it ever worked before or is this a new setup?

Normally for an ethernet connected, always on dsl modem you plug it in, restart the pc (or release and renew the IP) and off you go.