FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blue screen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

FunDa
Hi ,

My computer AMD64 256mb RAM / 80GB HDD / Windows XP Professional

recently started showing a blue screen while starting ..

Quote:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer .

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

(blah blah blah ... )

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (oxFB07D354, ox000000FF, ox00000001, ox804E2E41)

Initially, if I restarted it would not come the next time. It used to come only randomly.

But later it started coming more often, and now it did not start for quite a few times consecutively.

Anybody knows what this is and how to solve it ?
(Other than formatting ...)

Please Smile
pozzler
Hello

I would say that you have inadequate hardware drivers installed on your machine.
Try to start system in safe mode - if it starts, that will prove my point.
If you have updated any drivers recently or plugged-in new software, make sure you are using the latest version (check manufacturers site).
If you have updated your system via MS Web update, try to check on the web in update history if windows did install any hardware drivers while updating (this can happen, especially when you select optional updates manualy).

Wojtek
Bones
FunDa wrote:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (oxFB07D354, ox000000FF, ox00000001, ox804E2E41)

Yep as stated above, Stop 0xA errors are almost always driver related. Start replacing drivers untill the problem goes away. Most common drivers that I see causing this error are: video card, sound card, NIC, and dial up modems, though it really could be any driver installed on the system.
yjwong
STOP: 0x0000000A
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This Stop error, which can be caused by either software or hardware, indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location it did not have permission to access or a memory location that exists at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access other only processes that have an IRQL that's equal to or lower than its own.

Source: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6053684.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=tr#
umeshtangnu
Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) indicates that there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software.
Tumbleweed
I had a very simular error code, with BSOD's...... but on an AMD athlon XP 1300, the trouble all started when I started to run memory hungry appz and games that my comp supposedly had(just about) the resources to run,In my newbness I kept re-formatting the pc hoping that would fix the issue but to no avail, I updated everthing possible, bios, chipset driver and every single driver I could find and the games started to work , but not all the appz one kept up the same BSOD's, obviously I had two (or possibly more ) issues, but having a single app and an error code helped me to discover it was in fact an issue with the via chipset driver and my system in perticular , scouring forums I found a beta service driver for the chipset ,this is what it did

It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure.

I have since tried newer chipset driver releases but have had allways had to return to the beta service driver to be able to run certain memory hungry appz