FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gothic III

Klaw 2
Gothic III is out, (it has nothing to do with gothica (music style things)) im looking forward to buy it, who else knows the series and/or is going to buy it?
faker_phil
Played the first one, skipped the second one, definitely gonna play the third one Very Happy
The game looks very promising, I doubt it'll beat Oblivion in my ranking though.
Keran
Gothic III is the game i have to get, it's the only game i have waited for so inpatiently, it's my life goal to get it...
z054301
Never played any of the other ones, but from what I've seen this is a must to say the least. Very Happy
PriDe
is this a single player 3rd person shooter or one of the online gaming sort? I'm downloading it right now but don't exactly know what it is, i rather hate multiplayer games, greatly prefare single player shooters
Antek88
i have gothic 3 and play. game is very good but needs
good pc... i play on medium detal in my pc: amd athlon 64 3500+, leadtek geforce 6800 and 1gb ram - sometimes slow
TonkPilz
i was waiting for this game and i have playd it for a few hours now and man was i disappointed its buggy as hell (as always when Jowood is in the picture)

The graphics at max are superb but any ting els and it looks like crap their is allot of tings wrong whit this game but their are some good stuff too mostly bad. i suggest trying the game before you buy it
im sure this game will get a huge fan base but not me its far to sloppy for my taste
budazz
What game genre is gothic 3?....is it a good game?...
Keran
Gothic 3 is Third Person Perspective RPG game (ee C-RPG or something). It's like... Rune but ofcoz far more better. You kill monsters, do quests, save world etc. You can choose proffesions by learning certain skills from masters (mage, warrior, hunter and secondary like alchemy, blacksmithing etc...) join factions connected with your proffesion...

I like it cuz you're almost completely free in what way you want to finish the game, explore a huge interactive world, join any kind of faction, experience tons of bugs...
I played the game for like 2 hours now and i can tell you now that
Radeon 9700, athlon 2,4, 1gb ram might not be enough to fully experience the graphics ;p Even on low settings i get slow framerate especially in open areas. The game has some small annoying bugs, but overally it's a great game, patch can fix some of that bugs.
Another annoying thing is the loading times, especially when ur on some hard quest and get killed a lot, it takes like 1 minute to load, savings aren't done so quickly either....
But im still a big fan of that game so the unending list of annoying stuff wont scare me away :p
Kitten Kong
Man I have been waiting for this game for soooo long, I was addicted to Gothic 2 since i stumbled across it years ago. It kicks the crap out of Oblivion, which was good and all but face it, the world was just a huge empty land mass with randomly generated trees. Gothic on the other hand is lovingly crafted and although it may be only 1/10 the size (probably less) the world has 100x more detail.

And another thing which puts it above almost any other game in existence... it is actually HARD.

But yeah, it would be good if they finished the game before they released it Smile
Hojo
ever since i played gothic 2 i was a big fan of the series. i bought gothic 1 later and played through that. i played through gothic 2 multiple times, a few times as mage, a few times as mercenary and once as paladin.

gothic 3 graphics are nice, i am trying to play with medium details on my pc (athlon xp 3000+, 1gb ram, GeForce7600GS), but its a bit laggy. The prob is i dont want to play on low details xD

just for fun i trie max details, to my surprise it lagged far less than i expected. on max details the graphics are amazing. i cant wait till i get a pc that can do max details without lagging. sadly it will take a long time till i have the money >.<

and yea, the game has quite a lot of bugs. i really hope they patch them fast, even if you can take advantage of some of them.
rip8fan1
I just bought the Gothic II GOLD version at CompUSA for $9.99. I'll play it awhile before deciding whether to buy Gothic III.

Though, from what I've read so far on this forum, I won't be buying Gothic III until most of the bugs are fixed!!!
Klaw 2
rip8fan1 wrote:
I just bought the Gothic II GOLD version at CompUSA for $9.99. I'll play it awhile before deciding whether to buy Gothic III.

Though, from what I've read so far on this forum, I won't be buying Gothic III until most of the bugs are fixed!!!

usually there are updates witch fix them, and most bugs are "activated" when you do something special like look up and jump sideways against a sertain part of a wall, most wont be troubling you. But...

Quote:
..., some bugs can irritate you or will stop you from doing anything, so its important to save every 3 seconds. Thats not the only reason to safe that often, "I killed every orc (20 orcs) in a small orc village then when i went to the next, I bumped into a boar, full of courage (and the last battle in mind) I tried to kill it, but it killed me and it happened about 3 times, then I just killed it whit my bow and arrow wich worked

Quote:
its a jowood game so dont expect a bug free game
goblinish
faker_phil wrote:
Played the first one, skipped the second one, definitely gonna play the third one Very Happy
The game looks very promising, I doubt it'll beat Oblivion in my ranking though.

Ooh, you gotta play Gothic 2 sometime if you enjoyed the first game! It really is ace. The expansion pack for it its great too making the game last well over 100hrs if you want to really explore everthing!

As for Gothic 3.. Ive just installed it, and it looks like fun. My system can only *just* bearly run it tho, and it is a greedy game if you want to play it on the full settings. I will defnetly be digging my teeth into it once ive got enough spare time on my hands! The gothic games have to be the best `free exploring` rpgs ever made imo.
Freecel
I dont like the Gothic, i thin Oblivion is better and have lower system requirments