FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intermec 6220 Hand held computers

Timmeh
I recently aquired some of these hand held computers they are fairly outdated. My intension is to write my own programs to sit on them so that I can use them.

Has anyone worked with them in the past? or tried anything similar.

I would like to know how to connect to them and load programs on to them. The manuals I have found are for a slightly better model of 6220, and although they give instruction on how to transfer information to the devices, the instructions aren't particularly detailed and its been many years since I tried to use a serial port to do anything. It may be easy but I doubt that. There is apparently a set of utilities for MS-DOS that I could use to help but I have been unable to locate a copy of them.
TheGeek
If you wanted to make some programs to run on them. All you need is for them to have some sort of OS loaded and then connect it VIA serial port to your computer. Your host computer should them see that there is something connected and you should them be able, with some software, to load a program onto the handheld computer. If that doesnt work, they make serial attached floppy drives that you could use to load your programs with Very Happy