FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This is SICK!

hack_man_
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/towery

Who else is a little disturbed by this? What has LazyBoy been smoking?

mathiaus wrote:

WARNING!! Film contains content of a racist nature and refers to reconstructions of 9/11 events in a unsympathetic manner.

mercurial
its rather distressing seriously and ppl affected by this 911 incident will srsly feel damn pissed wif this bunch of ******..

but what is being said inside kinda makes alot of sense in tt now 5 years aft this..its kinda interesting to see how ppl actually start forgetting n ignoring bout this incident and even started creating spoofs of it :/
a.Bird
LazyBoy has nothing to do with the narration, it's from a radioshow. He just animated it. And I found this video hilarious. No reason to call people ******.
hack_man_
The fact that it is not even his own narration is even more disturbing! He got a radio show conversation about something as wrong as hat and ANIMATED IT? That reinforces my statement that he is sick.
a.Bird
Well that's just your opinion man. Just like... I think you are boring.
gh0stface
I thought it was kind of funny. Although the subject is still a little bit taboo. Even if only 5 years has past.

mercurial wrote:
its rather distressing seriously and ppl affected by this 911 incident will srsly feel damn pissed wif this bunch of ******..

but what is being said inside kinda makes alot of sense in tt now 5 years aft this..its kinda interesting to see how ppl actually start forgetting n ignoring bout this incident and even started creating spoofs of it :/

You have to realize that some people deal best with tragedy is through humor. Even if this humor is a little off base...
darvit
gh0stface wrote:
I thought it was kind of funny. Although the subject is still a little bit taboo. Even if only 5 years has past.

mercurial wrote:

You have to realize that some people deal best with tragedy is through humor. Even if this humor is a little off base...

Well, as they all say, "to each, his own".

Let's all just make sure we don't step on others in the process [which is quite an impossible feat, in my opinion]. Confused
Blaster
I just think it is wrong. It should be taken down. I don't know why someone would think it would be funny unless they are from Iraq or Afganistain.
Helios
Not funny, IMO. Confused
S3nd K3ys
Taken down?

Censorship?

No thanks.
Blaster
Helios wrote:
Not funny, IMO. Confused

ZOMG did helios just say that or did someone hack his account.... Rolling Eyes
Dezrok
Haha, I've never actually seen that before.

I can see why people could think it's sick, but I strangely find it hilarious..
Agent ME
Didn't seem funny at all... Confused
izimngcubes15
OMG....I can not believe this guy...
Loghete
Sick??

Funny I would say Laughing
NarcoticGetz
hahaha benny hill music and people running up and down stairs now thats funn
Dezrok
Maybe it's because we're not American and we didn't think the world was going to end on 9/11 that we find it funny..
hack_man_
You guys think I am American? Never heard that before! Who are you talking about? I will have you know that I have the thickest Scottish accent for a hundred miles out here in the desert! (By the way, that means that I am Scottish if you didn't get it!) I just think it is concerning how people are joking about making money off the deaths of 3000 people.
Traveller
hack_man_ wrote:
Who else is a little disturbed by this? What has LazyBoy been smoking?

Interesting that you are so "disturbed" by how "sick" it is that you feel you must inflict it upon others.
Manofgames
I canot believe how sick wrong and stupid this guy is.

Think of all the thousands of people who died that day.
Think of all those people who lost parents, friends, lovers, brothers and sisters.
Think of all the horrible ways people died on that day. Some BURNED to death. It wasn't quick, it wasn't easy. It wasn't they way any of them wanted to go.

All the people on that plane, who were petrified of what was happening, desperatley trying to contact heir loved ones in the remaining minutes of their life.

And for those things (I'm too disgusted to call them human) to talk about black people falling out of that perverted 'toy' is just to horrible to describe in polite language.

I also have to agree with hack_man_'s point:
Quote:

The fact that it is not even his own narration is even more disturbing! He got a radio show conversation about something as wrong as hat and ANIMATED IT? That reinforces my statement that he is sick.

As somone has already mentioned, some people try to deal with tradgedy with humor. But this is just going beyond the realms of comedy. Were not talking about somthing small like being chucked out of your house (when I say small, I mean in relative terms to 9/11) We're talking about somthing that has affected everyone in this world, no matter where they are.

Everyone has been affected by this, in some way or another, wether they know it or not.

I for one call for it to be taken off the web. Even though I know this is near impossible, due to freedom of speech.
raymonbunt
it s not funny
Loghete
Manofgames wrote:
I canot believe how sick wrong and stupid this guy is.

Think of all the thousands of people who died that day.
Think of all those people who lost parents, friends, lovers, brothers and sisters.
Think of all the horrible ways people died on that day. Some BURNED to death. It wasn't quick, it wasn't easy. It wasn't they way any of them wanted to go.

Yes, yes, sure that's sad. But infact, this happens every day, just not in the same scale. Since 9/11 this year more people have already died due to terror and war.

And I don't like how you call him 'sick and stupid'. If you don't like it, then fine, don't watch it.

Quote:

I for one call for it to be taken off the web. Even though I know this is near impossible, due to freedom of speech.

There are hundreds of 9/11 parodys on the web.. try remove all of them..
Manofgames
Im sorry, that's the first one I've seen and i just got a bit carried away.

Sad
Traveller
[quote="Loghete"]If you don't like it, then fine, don't watch it.[quote]
The problem with this line of reasoning is that hack_man_ never actually said what it was - only that it was sick and that he found it disturbing. That was sufficient for me to have the sense NOT to watch it. Not everyone thinks that way, however, and some people go ahead and follow the link anyway. Thus, even though the user who clicks it must bear the responsibility for having done so, the person who posted it must also share some of the responsibility for not being more specific. Otherwise, a statement such as "If you don't like it, then fine, don't watch it." begs the question, "How did you find out that you didn't like it" and the subsequent answer, "BY WATCHING IT!"

Quote:

No need: those parodies, when in their natural homes on the web, are usually labeled sufficiently for discerning users to make a properly informed decision of whether or not to watch them. It's the posting of their links in forum messages such as these, but without any legitimate description of their content that causes the problems.
mathiaus
Before reading the full topic I assumed it it wasn't to take the mick out of the event, but to critize the organisation who try to turn anything into revenue. For example, the film emntions about a film being produced, and there is one. Maybe we will soon see 'Towery' (though i doubt it).
After reading the topic though, I would have to hear the radio show to gather in what way they were discussing this.
Soulfire
It does seem pretty insensitive, but you can't really control what people say.
a.Bird
You'll either hate it or love it, so decide and get over it. You take a risk when surfing the internet.
deltaworld
Yes it is a bit sick, but funny. That is why it is soooo funny because they just take it that step too far.

This is why South Park works so well because they always go that extra mile. It's the shock factor.

The people that did the radio show, DON'T actually mean it.. it is just there for entertainment. If you guys can't take a joke then lighten up.

It's supposed to be funny and not taken so literally.
Dezrok
Furthering on with deltaworld's comment..

The humor is in the fact that they're having the guts to take it that far.
You laugh at it because you think "jesus, they're actually saying these funny things about this."

It's a marmite situation. You either love it, or hate it. End of.
Hogwarts
Blaster wrote:
I just think it is wrong. It should be taken down. I don't know why someone would think it would be funny unless they are from Iraq or Afganistain.

You don't think some people would find that offensive...

I mean, you're saying how this is "wrong", yet you go and insult two whole countries in the process... Rolling Eyes

I mean, people from places other then those find it funny... Yet you have to go and insult these two specific countries.

It's not the people who would find it funny... What you should be directing at terrorists who are known to be in those areas is being directed at the people who are caught in the crossfire.

Maybe you should read this article on Prejudice before saying things like that again.

(PS: I'm not actually from either of those places, but I do know people from them on another forum, and they're as friendly as the next person.)
hack_man_
[quote="Traveller"][quote="Loghete"]If you don't like it, then fine, don't watch it.
Quote:

The problem with this line of reasoning is that hack_man_ never actually said what it was - only that it was sick and that he found it disturbing. That was sufficient for me to have the sense NOT to watch it. Not everyone thinks that way, however, and some people go ahead and follow the link anyway. Thus, even though the user who clicks it must bear the responsibility for having done so, the person who posted it must also share some of the responsibility for not being more specific. Otherwise, a statement such as "If you don't like it, then fine, don't watch it." begs the question, "How did you find out that you didn't like it" and the subsequent answer, "BY WATCHING IT!"

Quote:

No need: those parodies, when in their natural homes on the web, are usually labeled sufficiently for discerning users to make a properly informed decision of whether or not to watch them. It's the posting of their links in forum messages such as these, but without any legitimate description of their content that causes the problems.

So you are blaming me? I said that because I wanted people to watch some of it and tell me what they thought. I did not say to watch the entire thing. I did not ask for people to flame me over a grammar issue! I am pleased that mathiaus posted the warning message, he kindly corrected my "mistake" and made it clearer to others that it is not a particularly nice film.
So you are saying that if I had mentioned the content of the film in more detail, then it would be alright to insult the memories of 3000 innocent people and praise terrorists for creating this wonderful business opportunity? I see where that makes sense!
Manofgames
I'm sorry, I seem to have sped things up here.

I suppose it is quite funny.

I haven't actually seen that much media on the net related to the bombings.

It was wrong of me to talk like that and criticise other members, but I did it on a spur of the moment and now I regret it.

Sorry Sad
schudder
I found it mildly amusing.

But anyway, the sick fact is, that these radioshow guys probably weren't the first to come up with this. I wouldn't be surprised if some advertising company or something hand't already come up with it, just waiting until people are ready to accept something like that.

Someday, maybe there will be a Towery.

And also: running up and down the stairs to Benny Hill music... that's just always funny.
hack_man_
Manofgames wrote:
I'm sorry, I seem to have sped things up here.

I suppose it is quite funny.

I haven't actually seen that much media on the net related to the bombings.

It was wrong of me to talk like that and criticise other members, but I did it on a spur of the moment and now I regret it.

Sorry Sad

Forgiven. It happens to us all every once in a while!
Josso
Personally I found it pretty funny, but I can imagine people directly affected by 9/11 might be quite pissed off.

In the same way I find David Firth extremely funny, I find this funny.. sorry guys but it's my dark sense of humour unfortunatly.
Jack_Hammer
Dezrok wrote:
Furthering on with deltaworld's comment..

The humor is in the fact that they're having the guts to take it that far.
You laugh at it because you think "jesus, they're actually saying these funny things about this."

It's a marmite situation. You either love it, or hate it. End of.

I think it's boring, but not offensive, but then...
sodredge
Was I the only one who was bored as well as slightly offended ?
a.Bird
sodredge wrote:
Was I the only one who was bored as well as slightly offended ?

Probably. Think
Loghete
Quote:
And also: running up and down the stairs to Benny Hill music... that's just always funny.

Benny Hills music makes everything funny! Laughing