FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla Installation Problem --> Session Save Path

brandonberg
Im a newb to all this online hosting with Joomla esp..

i have uploaded the joomla installation and have made everything writable (set all the correct permissions) but the only thing i cant fix is the session save path to writable.

Ive looked on the Joomla Forums and from what they say to do.. it should work..

Create a 'tmp' folder in the highest ROOT directory and then create a '.htaccess file' and then write the following in it:

php_value session.save_path '/tmp'

.. I have done this and set the permissions for the 'tmp' folder to 777. but when i recheck for the Joomla installation it still says 'Unwritable'..

Im not sure how to fix this.. if anyone else had had a problem with this and/or knows how to fix this problem, please help Very Happy

thanks in advance,
jayandsilo
you don't need to worry about the temp folder
brandonberg
whys that?

i read that some other guy on the Joomla forums didnt worry about it and then he had a problem installing mambots and other stuff..
jayandsilo
I think it is just for the installation process incase you close your browser. I haven't had any problems, do it without it and if you get any problems fix it up when they come
Chris24
jayandsilo wrote:
I think it is just for the installation process incase you close your browser. I haven't had any problems, do it without it and if you get any problems fix it up when they come

This is correct, just continue and make sure you save the admin name and p/w and put in the code they give you at the end of the installation...
brandonberg
ok cool thanks guys for the help..

got it all working now Very Happy
Diebels
Hallo, just create a Folder called seesions and chmod it to 777
Then edit your confiruration.php and add this line:
$session_save_path = '/home/yourname/domains/yoursubdomain.frih.net/public_html/sessions';

thats all
evilryu530
what is chmod?
evilryu530
man i will give someone a lot of fri$ to install joomla for me, i basically screwed it up big time, i installed it the first thing, it was good and got me through the installation page, except had a couple php errors cus some files were unwrittable. i instaslled ht the second time, it didn't even go through the installation page, just went to joomla index page and i cant log into admin page because it never allowed me to set things up, third time installing, i get a crazy error, cant even seee joomla site.. so it gets worse and worse, i will pay someone $fri to install joomla for me. ir interested, please pm me. thanks!

DID IT!@!!!!! with persistance, and a lot of researching, with some thinking, i figured it out! it was a lot easier than i thought, i just missed a few steps. thanks guys!
brandonberg
evilryu530 wrote:
what is chmod?

im not sure about the name but i know chmod is basically file permission settings..

different permissions correspond to a 3 digit number..

Diebels wrote:
just create a Folder called seesions and chmod it to 777

in this example, 777 corresponds to "Allows full read/write/delete access"

for more info regarding this goto:

http://www.site-helper.com/filemanager.html

and scroll down to the "Changing File Permissions" section
kinesis
I installed joomla on many hosts. I git errors when installing extensuins: Can't move files, tmp dir not writable, etc.
I set tmp directory permission to 777. but it does not solve the problem
looking in forums, it seems to be related with session save path in php.ini.
I dont know how to access it and how to reciver this issue.
Please help!
Ylinen
Is there a step by step guide here on how to install Joomla