FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SO CALLED ARMENIAN GENOCIDE AND FRANCE

palavra
http://www.zaman.com/?bl=hotnews&alt=&trh=20061013&hn=37304

french parliament passed a bill that has severe punishment for denying so-called the Armenian genocide.

this is so funny because

armenian people say there is a genocide.
we say there is no a genocide.

with this bill how we supposed to defence ourselves.
Soulfire
There was a genocide though - some 1.5 million Armenians died. I don't think that France is right in the sense that law should not write history.
palavra
Soulfire wrote:
There was a genocide though - some 1.5 million Armenians died. I don't think that France is right in the sense that law should not write history.

then where did come from

millions of armenian people that live in

france

usa

europe

arab countries.
these places are not armenian places historically
KernEnergie
There's actually a lot of Armenians in France.
But I'm confused by this law, it's good to recognize that there were a Genocide even if this law doesn't say the Turcs did it. But punish people? Strange.
eggg
palavra wrote:

then where did come from

millions of armenian people that live in

france

usa

europe

arab countries.
these places are not armenian places historically

It's a pretty good bet that they fled the genocide, my friend, and ended up in those countries. Persecution and violence are very good motivators for relocation, and 1.5 million did not represent every Armenian on earth at the time.
palavra
eggg wrote:
[

It's a pretty good bet that they fled the genocide, my friend, and ended up in those countries. Persecution and violence are very good motivators for relocation, and 1.5 million did not represent every Armenian on earth at the time.

this is my point also

who saved this armenians from our genocide?

why we couldn't kill all of them?

if you check poputation amount of armenian in 1915 in turkiye

you can get nearly the same number to population amount of the immigrated armenian to those countries.

if you visit eastern part of turkiye , you can find barely a home that didn't lose a member of the family in the 1915 events.
in that time we were fighting with russians
some armenian supported the russian army
they started to kill turkish civil people violently.
because they wanted turkish people immigrate to west part of anotolia and east should be saved for them.
then ottoman government exiled them to arab regions.
in this internal fighting some armenian killed
but number of turkish people who killed by armenians is more than the number of armenian who killed by turkish people.
if it is a genocide
all the armenians that live in
france
usa
arab countries
armenia
where did they come from?

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/

and
this is not only about genocide
armenian people tell every time
we-turks- killed them because we are a wild race(they are fascist actually)
we came to anotolia in 1000-we conquered all anotolia in 1100
why did we wait to genocide armenian 800 years(1915).
and today
because they only hate us.
they attacked to azerbeyjan and forced more than million azeri to immigrate.
http://www.khojaly.org/?id=3009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khojaly_Massacre

did you even heard some thousands of jews immigrate to germany?
there are more than 100,000 armeni who immigrated to turkiye from armenia in order to find a better job and a secure place
between 1990-2006.
rano
One and a half million Armenians were violently killed, out of a total of two million Armenians in the Ottoman Empire. This was an orginzied act committed with intent to eliminate Armenians. No rational reasoning can deny it. There are too many facts and evidences for it (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide).

Of course there are many debates and speculations of facts on this subject, but it is normal, these are all politics, so every part is raising the facts which are going to support their own interests and politics. As a normal there are very few politicians and governments who support the truth just for the sake of the truth, even when it is going to harm their own reputation and their own politics, it is a rare situation in politics... and it seems that France is demonstrating this rare thing, so I appreciate it a lot...
Bondings
What I also wanted to add is that it is very hypocritical of Turkey to protest against this law as they pretty much have the opposite one; it's illegal in Turkey to admit the Armenian genocide and quite a few people were/are in prison because of it.

Both laws are ridiculous.
DaComboMan
Bondings wrote:
What I also wanted to add is that it is very hypocritical of Turkey to protest against this law as they pretty much have the opposite one; it's illegal in Turkey to admit the Armenian genocide and quite a few people were/are in prison because of it.

Agree.

It seems to be some kind of political move to delay Turkey's entry into the European "Commonwealth" ah ha!
bangala
KernEnergie wrote:
But I'm confused by this law, it's good to recognize that there were a Genocide even if this law doesn't say the Turcs did it. But punish people? Strange.

That's not very strange! People are being punished in the west as well for the denial of the Holocaust (the genocide of Jews during World War II)
A recent example is the British historian David Irving, who was sentenced to 3 years in prison On 20 February 2006 for his views and writings about the Holocaust.
Bondings
bangala wrote:
KernEnergie wrote:

That's not very strange! People are being punished in the west as well for the denial of the Holocaust (the genocide of Jews during World War II)
A recent example is the British historian David Irving, who was sentenced to 3 years in prison On 20 February 2006 for his views and writings about the Holocaust.

I don't like that law either, but I understand the need of it. It's meant for neonazis who are trying to get a Hitler-like regime back - which is very dangerous and should definately be prevented. In the case of the denial of the Armenian genocide, it is being done because of nationalism and doesn't harm anyone.
bangala
Bondings wrote:
bangala wrote:
KernEnergie wrote:

I don't like that law either, but I understand the need of it. It's meant for neonazis who are trying to get a Hitler-like regime back - which is very dangerous and should definately be prevented. In the case of the denial of the Armenian genocide, it is being done because of nationalism and doesn't harm anyone.

Honestly I was shocked when I first heared about David Irving. He is not like a normal writer, but a historian. Besides, where are the limits? Now Muslims are demanding a law to ban criticizing their prophet or their holly religious matters, would that be understandable?
palavra
Bondings wrote:

in turkiye there is not any law that say admitting the armenian genocide is prohibited.

but there is a law (no. 301) that say disgrace of turkey and nation of turkey is prohibited.

yes it is not a good law
because it is so ambiguous

but not related with the armenian problem.
Bondings
palavra wrote:
Bondings wrote:

in turkiye there is not any law that say admitting the armenian genocide is prohibited.

but there is a law (no. 301) that say disgrace of turkey and nation of turkey is prohibited.

yes it is not a good law
because it is so ambiguous

but not related with the armenian problem.

I indeed meant the law you mentioned. It is/was used in some cases to make admitting the Armenian genocide illegal. I know there isn't an explicit law making it illegal.