FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spaceballs

|AoR|Tyler
this is my favorite movie by far. It is hilarious. The best part about it is the fact that it is a parody of star wars and star trek. Awesome movie.
SilverDogg
yea its really funny =D. i like the part where you see the ship from the outside. its really really gigantic =D. but its funny, as are most of.. umm.. whatever his name is that made the movie are.
tehk
It is very funny. One of my favourite parts or ideas about that movie is that Dark Helmet's (I think that's his name) helmet is sooo huge. Hahahah. And he's wearing a black tie. And inside the helmet is this nerdy person.

I can't remember where, but the scene I think I really liked was when there was some sort of explosion and Dark Helmet flew into the wall head first.

Hahaha... Yogurt...
criticaldensity
omg, I loved that movie. I still make references to it.

"they've gone plaid"
Xploder
yeah I just saw it the first time recently but then I watched it 5 more times... Laughing.

I loved it, really funny hope they'll make Spaceballs -1, hehe get it Laughing
roguewrath
Their rumours that mel brooks is writing Spaceballs 2http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=417 but what i would really like to see is a History of the World Part 2 Wink
nakamaru
That's really old news. I was excited when I read it in october but it seems doubtful that it will go through.

I love this movie with a passion.

"I always drink coffee when I watch radar. You know that! Everybody knows that!"

"Oh course we do sir!"
memsa
This is Mel Brooks at his best. He is the spoof master.
shut up
I just dug it out of my cabinet and decided to watch it yesterday , It's old but really good. i think it's funnier than hell when they go "ludicruis speed"
barf wrote:
what the hell was that?

lonestarr wrote:
spaceball 1.

barf wrote:
They've gone to plaid!
Greatwolf
Very funny. Wish they'd make a sequal. Heard they might.
shut up
Yeah I hope they do, I liked the first one a lot, I'm wondering when (if) it will come out. I would love to own that winnebago, just to make my friends and neighbors go WTF? Maybe I could build a replica, I have allthe suff that I could do it except the winnebago.
nakamaru
Best movie of all time hands down. I own both the normal and collectors edition DVDs. Laughing
{name here}
I love that movie! Too bad I haven't sen it in a while...
kung_fu_stu
Of course this is an awsome movie; Mel Brooks,a comic genious, wrote it. I am always impressed with a good parody as well. It takes a lot of balls to take on that feet. You're task is, basically, to make fun of the movie and still honour it at the same time. Plus you just get to laugh your face off because it is just like an inside joke that everyone just happens to know. Thank you Mel Brooks!
k8eb90
Ha, that movie was pretty funny.
bladesage
SilverDogg wrote:
but its funny, as are most of.. umm.. whatever his name is that made the movie are.

Mel Brooks
bladesage
I love the part at the beginning, where it says "If you can read this, you don't need glasses." I also love "Funny, she doesn't look Druish" (Barf), and

Quote:

Princcess Vespa: "Who are you?"

Barf: "Barf"

Dot: "Not in here you don't mister, this is a Mercedes!"

Okay, you know what, I just plain love the whole movie! Does anyone else have the digitally remastered DVD?
squirrelmaster
i do,
bought it at a retail store for $10,

yes, i know it's a good deal!!

i love the bumper stickers!!

winnebago: I (heart) uranus

spaceball 1: WE BRAKE FOR NO ONE!!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

this and monty python anyway. Very Happy
xoxmeholly
I saw this movie with my boyfriend. It was really funny, although he had to explain a lot of it since I've never seen Star Wars, and the other movies that it makes references to.
evestor
This is a classic comedy. We keep a copy of it here at work just to remind us to laugh occasionally. It is super funny.
nakamaru
There was supposed to be a sequal according to Mel Brooks in an interview in 2004 but I guess that that plan fell through.
zebrabongo
Love the movie, but a sequel?

As Yoghurt said: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money
Very Happy
ToesInSock
Spaceballs is a super movie. Am also a Star Wars fan, which made it all the funnier.
driftingfe3s
HAHA! I loved this moive, its so funny! It is a great parody movie and is even better if you like star wars. I'd leve to se a sequal as well.
shinnoyami
I love the scene at the restaurant where barf and lone star are ordering food, when we see an alien comming out of some guy's stomach! parody of Aliens

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now, now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then!
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now!
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
Dark Helmet: How soon?
Video Operator: Sir!
[Dark Helmet has becomed far too confused and everyone now ignores him even though he's center screen]
Dark Helmet: What?
Video Operator: We've identified their location.
Dark Helmet: Where?

It's a classic, I also like Robin Hood:men in tights, another mel brooks movie.
squeakypants
Quote:
Thanks for letting me use your phone.

Quote:
Thanks for Spaceballs.

Hahahaha...jews (I'm jewish, not racist).

Great movie there.
mackdunnie
One of my fav's of all time. This movie rules. I can pretty much quote the whole dang thing. Watched it way too many times.
Petee
Oh man, I LOVE this movie. It's hillarious! I agree that a squel would be cool, if it was made by Mel Brooks, I think any other director would just kill it. Me and my friends like this movie so much that we're going to try to make a short SciFi movie ourselves which is based on Spaceballs. Very Happy
triggerhappy
i think this movie, is funny i like the part where he got a rasperry jam!

"Weve been jammed Sir"
"only one man would dare put the rasberry on me, LONE STARR!!"
Laughing
jmudreamscape
Give me Spaceballs, Airplane, and Airplane 2, and a case of Rolling Rock and I may have the best day of my life.
hfrankie
I just hate this movie
faker_phil
Spaceballs is Mel Brook's first movie that I watched, and I love it. Spaceballs rockz!