You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Corey lidle dying

A small plane with New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle aboard crashed into a 50-story condominium tower Wednesday on Manhattan's Upper East Side, killing at least four people and raining flaming debris on sidewalks, authorities said. Federal Aviation Administration records showed the single-engine plane was registered to Lidle, and FBI reports show that Lidle's passport was found at the scene. The New York Times reported that police said two bodies were found on the ground shortly after the crash, and that one of them was that of Lidle, who was a licensed pilot.

The twin-engine plane came through a hazy, cloudy sky and hit the 20th floor of The Belaire -- a red-brick tower overlooking the East River, about five miles from the World Trade Center -- with a loud bang, touching off a raging fire that cast a pillar of black smoke over the city and sent flames shooting from four windows on two adjoining floors.

ABC News reported that after Lidle's plane departed an airport in Teterboro, N.J., took a normal flight pattern down the Hudson River, appeared to have circled the Statue of Liberty, headed up the East River and fell off the radar at about 59th Street

Well as you just read New York Yankee pitcher, Corey Lidle, has died yesterday. He was formerly a piture for the Philidelphia Phillies (my favorite team) and was traded not to long ago to the New York Yankess. Well he died in the plane crash and i feel bad for his family. He was a young guy and he just got his piolts licence not to long ago.

Well one intersting thing i found out is this happened on 10-11-06 if you flip it around and take out the 0 in front of the 6 it is 9-11-01. I just thought this was kind of a weird twist to the whole story.
Pretty bizarre. I was just taking notice of his breaking ball in his last game with the Yankees a few days ago. I thought the Dugout got it about right. I hope his family can pull through everything alright.