FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Play more Go :)

pawdster
Im a member of Copenhagen Go club. I really wish there were more people playing this wonderful game. You can play online at http://kiseido.com/
I ply with people that visit me. The rules of the game are really simple. A great game for kids Wink
oskuro
pawdster wrote:
Im a member of Copenhagen Go club. I really wish there were more people playing this wonderful game. You can play online at http://kiseido.com/
I ply with people that visit me. The rules of the game are really simple. A great game for kids Wink

i will try that game, thx Wink
WOTW
i've never heard of it but i'll put it on the todo list.
Emmons
Never really heard of it either but I will definitally check it out. Then I'll get back to you on it.
yy1124
I always wanted to learn this...
If I am right of what it is....

I wonder whats the difference between chinese version and japanese version..rules?
kikass
i just read the rules.... not too easy.. but damn intersting.. am starting today! do you guys know if there is a downloadable version of this game?

update: sorry... just found a download on the same site! my bad! Embarassed
tuncay
The hard thing with Go is I enjoy playing it on the board, and there are not that many people around me who play it so it's kinda hard to play.
paulbarter
A good game! I am keen to get more in to it. Just started with a friend and he kills me every time! I am told that even though a computer can beat the worlds best chess players, that there is no program / computer yet that can come close to beating a reasonable Go player. It must be because of all the subtle tactics that are involved. Some of the simplest things in life are the most absorbing.
SlowWalkere
I've been interested in Go for some time, but I never really got into it. I work at a store that sells many types of games, among them Go. So one day we all decided we would learn how to play (most days involve deciding to play something or looking for a new game to play). But when we busted the game open, the instructions were written in an Asian language on the one side and really broken English on the other side. The language was confusing, so we couldn't understand the rules and moved onto a new game. =(

But, I think I'll check out that site and play some on the computer. Sounds like fun.

As for the computer comment, I'd be more inclined to think that the reason there is no computer program to beat an expert Go player has more to do with the amount of attention the game gets. Although Go is popular with certain groups of people, Chess enjoys more international acclaim and thus more attention from computer programmers. I would think that if a lot of people who understood Go started writing AI's to play Go, they could come up with something very challenging (like Chess AI). If the game is too subtle or complex, then it's certainly a limitation of the pool of programmers attempting to solve the problem and not a limitation of the computers we have today.

- Walkere
m00tmuffin
Oooh, oh my gosh, I totally forgot that Go even existed. I haven't played it in years--thanks so much for the link. Very Happy
Traveller
pawdster wrote:

What is your rating? I'm only about 17Kyu, but don't play a lot of real-time games. If you would like to play some turn-based games, sign up at Dragon Do Server then PM me here and I'll give you my username information.