FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bladerunner.. still a great movie

pawdster
I was watching bladerunner the other day, and I still find that It is a very good movie. The romantic part of the movie is really shining through. And.. Rutger Hauer is great. I still have'nt been able to find the alternative ending. Maybe Its not possible to find It ?
VidE
A very moody movie. There's an interesting book on the making of Blade Runner. Apparently, Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott did not get along and the visually depressing sets depressed everybody. OTOH, Ridley did make a great film tat set a whole new trend for Sci-Fi visually. Much the same way Seven created visual trends for crime movies.

And I do like the way the 'hero' and the 'bad guy' each carry reflections of their opposites.
RT Cunningham
I saw Blade Runner in the theater when it was first run and then later on HBO. The ending is different for the only DVD version I could find.

If I remember correctly, Harrison Ford narrated through some of the movie for the former, but there was no narration in the DVD version.

The narration added to the movie, why did we get stuck with the director's cut?
webgeek
RT Cunningham wrote:
I saw Blade Runner in the theater when it was first run and then later on HBO. The ending is different for the only DVD version I could find.

If I remember correctly, Harrison Ford narrated through some of the movie for the former, but there was no narration in the DVD version.

The narration added to the movie, why did we get stuck with the director's cut?

I am not aware of directors' cuts or anything on the movie. I watched it too the first time it came out in our theatres and since then I've watched it two or three times by BetaMax and then later by cable TV.

I found the ending corny with Harrison Ford falling for his cyber girlfriend. The death of the character played by Rutger Hauer was poignant. Even the symbolism was very touching (the dove -- medieval symbol of the soul -- flies away as the cyborg's battery dies).
blarchitect
Ridley Scott's directors cut dropped the narration.
The book mentioned is:
Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner (Paperback)
by Paul M. Sammon
It's a great behind-the -scenes read.
disidro
BR is my favorite movie of all times. This year Warner Bros. is going to release some special version DVD with a remastered copy of the film and more extras. Guess it will be the Director's cut, my preferred version (I still think the voice over ruins the mystery of the movie, and the theatrical end was pathetic). Cheers!