FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xp repeteatedly restart

sathiyasri
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that i do not know how to fix, any help would be appriciated. so this is what happened. my pc was running and suddenly we ran out of electricity, when the power was back on, the xp restarted but only to welcome screen, then they were continously restarting. i do not want to format the computer so i would like to know what can i do to repair the problem.
Kelvin
you could try to run a system scan for problems or use norton windoctor. I suspect some files/registry in your system may have been corrupted in the sudden blackout and these files may be critical in system operation.

If this does not fix the problem, you can try to repair the windows operating system by inserting the Window installation disk and follow the repair procedures.

to avoid future occurrences, it's advisable to use a UPS to regulate the current passing through your PC while giving you enough time to do a proper shutdown when there is a blackout.
Haiderim
it might be a hardware problem
Kelvin
another possible solution is to repeatedly press the F8 key before windows start loading. From this screen, you can boot into safe mode. If i'm not mistaken, there is an option to revert back to the last working registry settings. good luck.
cheeta
there are 2 possibilites..

• Hardware problem with HDD/Mobo/Procy/RAM
  • You have a virus...