FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend me a good video digitalizing software

ronald.helpdesk
I'm trying to get some good quality video, using a Sony DCR-TRV 361; I've tried with the usb streaming cable and with the DV input via FireWire, in one hand, the first way got me a poor quality video, and the second one, a 30 gb video file for every MP120 8mm tape, can't I achieve a mid point between these two extrems ?? I've worked with Adobe Premier Elements, Studio 9 from Pinnacle, Windows Media Encoder, and even with the damn Windows Movie Maker (that sucks!) and I'm geeting kindda upset right now.

Please someone give a better way to do this, I need to deliver a final report, and the multimedia verification sources to my project is just Killing me...
ocalhoun
You can use adobe to capture just small parts of the video (clips), then convert those to a more space-efficient format. (That is, unless you need the entire video intact.) You could also (if giving this as a presentation) connect the camera (or a VCR) directly to the projector, and switch to that input when its time for the video.
You might also see if there is a way to capture the video from usb without streaming it, so as to get the full quality, which would probably take up 30gb.
romaop
There are a lot of saving formats (avi, wmv, mpg) and settings for quality (frames per second, compression quality, video size,...).
Adobe Premiere seems to be good enough.
The idea of cutting the movie in small parts may help.
Better have a good hardware to help things work out.
Hope this helps.