FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Port forwarding problem on bit torrent client

nigam
Im a newbie in using torrents so i installed azureus which i read is the one of the more popular clients used today. But when i tried to test the port, it gave me a NAT ERROR. so the next thing i did was try to reconfigure my router (Linksys).

First I made an IP Address reservation from the DHCP to make my IP Static. Then went to the PORT RANGE FORWARDING SECTION and entered 49152 for start port and 65535 for end port, enabled both (TCP and UDP) for protocol. Firewall of my router is already disabled.

I tested again azureus but it still gave me a NAT ERROR. My Windows firewall is already disabled. I also listed azureus.exe as excempted on my software firewall (Comodo firewall). Even tried disabling my anti-virus (Kaspersky) but still gives a NAT ERROR.

Can somebody help me pls
kiranaghor
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
Above link helped me to solve my Linksys router problem. Go there. They have list of routers. Select the one u have and follow the instructions. What u have done is not given there. I think u only need to open one single port and not the whole range. It could be dangerous and by doing so u may lose one of the best features of a router which is of blocking malicious ports.
Animal
Please do not use Frihost to discuss Torrents - it's against the rules and TOS.

And before I get a PM complaining about this, yes I know Torrents themselves aren't illegal, it's the content... blah blah blah...

But it's against the rules of Frihost.

-close-