FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Putty

Tony The Tiger
Does Frihost support Putty for file transfer?
Bondings
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Do you mean ssh/shell access? No we don't support/offer that and never will.
Animal
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Really, how many times do you need to ask this question, and how many times do we need to answer it!?!?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-53986.html&highlight=ssh
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-23162.html&highlight=ssh
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-23115.html&highlight=ssh

Including this current topic it makes 4. It will never happen, so you don't need to keep "checking back" Rolling Eyes
Tony The Tiger
I thought Putty and SSH Secure Shell were different programs?

My Putty looks like it has 4 different protocol options only one of which is SSH.
Animal
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Quote:
A.1.1 What is PuTTY?

PuTTY is a client program for the SSH, Telnet and Rlogin network protocols.

These protocols are all used to run a remote session on a computer, over a network. PuTTY implements the client end of that session: the end at which the session is displayed, rather than the end at which it runs.

In really simple terms: you run PuTTY on a Windows machine, and tell it to connect to (for example) a Unix machine. PuTTY opens a window. Then, anything you type into that window is sent straight to the Unix machine, and everything the Unix machine sends back is displayed in the window. So you can work on the Unix machine as if you were sitting at its console, while actually sitting somewhere else.

Source

I'm pretty sure Putty only supports secure transfers.
Bondings
Tony The Tiger wrote:

My Putty looks like it has 4 different protocol options only one of which is SSH.

Well if it has ftp, then it should work.
comtom
hello, i want to install the wordpress plugin WP-Cache, to make lower the CPU load of this server, but to make it work i need to create a symbolic link from wp-content/advanced-cache.php to wp-content/plugins/wp-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php.

with this command in SSH.

ln -s wp-content/plugins/wp-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php wp-content/advanced-cache.php

there is another way to do the same with out ssh?
can a frihost administrator do it for my?

i tried to copy the file wp-cache-phase1.php to wp-content/advanced-cache.php but it doesn't work.

In the spanish forum we talk each other in the forum, and almost everyone thinks that the server 2 has a very hight CPU load & it is unstable. I think this too, & because of this, i want to make less CPU load, to make frihost a better host, if we all do this i think we can have a very good host for free & no ads. What are U waiting? Optimize your CMS!!!!

Thank YOU!