FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Plane hits building in NY

smalls
Article here.
Quick, before we know all the facts.....
Was it terrorists?
suntzu3500
If terrorists wanted to attack a building with something, a single engine plane isn't really the best choice - a car bomb is cheaper and does more damage Razz

Really, you fill a car with drums of gasoline and crash it into the side of a building it's gonna do just as much, if not more damage than hijacking a single engine plane.
Deuc
What do you all think about losing our freedoms due to stuff like this? Do you value safety more than freedom? Is there a good balance between the two?

Obviously people shouldn't have the freedom to fly anything in super populated areas like that. Imagine if it was loaded with explosives and such... not so good.

I feel badly for the friends and family and wish them well as they greive the loss of loved ones...
ocalhoun
^Saftey is more important than freedom, I'd say. What good is freedom if its not safe to make use of it?
As for blocking flights over populated areas, it should be done terrorists or no terrorists. It would prevent accidents from being quite so deadly. The exceptions to that, of course, would be
1) Close to airports
2) Military Flights (Which should supposedly be under the control of well-trained pilots, and would enforce the rules when needed.)
eggg
ocalhoun wrote:
^Saftey is more important than freedom, I'd say. What good is freedom if its not safe to make use of it?

The problem is that you'll never be safe, no matter how much freedom is taken away. Every human being to ever live has died, and the entire history of humanity is full of violence. These things cannot be prevented by tapping phones and sending muslims to secret prisons... Those things only prevent the fruition of the promise of our constitution.
Droop
smalls wrote:
Article here.
Was it terrorists?

I agree with suntzu3500, they woudn't spend the money on that . . I doubt it was caused from terrorism.
reallyjoel
smalls wrote:
Article here.
Was it terrorists?

That depends on their origin! Americans and Europeans aren't terrorists! Duh...
Tiger
Another plane crashing into a building is not necessarily a terrorist attack. There's not need to jump to such conclusions or to sensationalise such stories.

Planes crash due to engine failure or mechanical problems or human error. Pilots could be drunk or suffer a heart attack, navigational equipment and auto-pilots could malfunction and so on.

Best to hold off judgement and read the story and get all the facts and details first.
Droop
Tiger wrote:
Another plane crashing into a building is not necessarily a terrorist attack. There's not need to jump to such conclusions or to sensationalise such stories.

Planes crash due to engine failure or mechanical problems or human error. Pilots could be drunk or suffer a heart attack, navigational equipment and auto-pilots could malfunction and so on.

Best to hold off judgement and read the story and get all the facts and details first.

Good to know, I didnt know what really happend .. . well I've been traveling for the past 2 months so it's hard to keep up with that stuff...