FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

disk space

OutlawSpirit
i only got 6MB disk space left... just wondering... but what uses all the disk space and how can i free up some disk space.. i deleted a loada junk i ahd on the host and cleaned it up... anythin else?
Animal
Possibly check for automatic backups. But as far as I know, your Diskspace Meter isn't realtime - it might update in a few hours showing your real disk usage.
OutlawSpirit
thanks... ill check again a lil later then...
Blaster
I dont' know if you have forums on your site but try cleaning up any spam posts and stuff like that to get some more space. But try what animal said too.
mathiaus
Besides backups, another thing to check is email (& attachments), unused databases and stats.
Bondings
Maybe check the tmp directory, where the stats are located. Those might take a lot of space, depending on your website of course.
LostOverThere
Clear out Backups and anything at all you don't need.

Also, if you're so starved for space, use Imageshack to upload images or Reupload to upload files.
arkebuzer
Bondings wrote:
Maybe check the tmp directory, where the stats are located. Those might take a lot of space, depending on your website of course.

Exactly what does the stat files do?

What happends if you delete those?
Bondings
arkebuzer wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Exactly what does the stat files do?

What happends if you delete those?

That's the data generated by the statistics, like ip information, apache requests, unique visitors, ... It can take a lot of space.

Please note that this is only for cPanel, server 1.