FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mobile space

venkateshwarans
The mobile space is becoming more and more interesting. what if frihost allows users to create wap websites.
Manofgames
what's stopping us creating a xhtml(i think thats the format) website for WAP??

But unless your a buissness, you don't really have a need for WAP.

I mean take for example, google they're a search engine, they have a huge customer turnout, and they have info that would be useful to access on the move.

I don't think many people on Frihost would need to have Wap.
Animal
As Manofgames said, you technically could set up a wap site. You'll need to use wml (Wireless Markup Language) but if you do so, mobile devices should be able to access your site without any problems.
mathiaus
This does work. I can access my site on my phone though really I should create a different version for mobile use Think
Bondings
Yeah, visiting Frihost on your mobile phone does work too. At least until you see your phone bill. Wink
Manofgames
yeah, that's one huge draw back.

though Vodafone do a package, so you can download / upload as much as you want for 8 pound a month.

so not everything is too bad!!
TeenZine
I got a better IDea Frihost on your psp if your on the go just hack a satilight. (sorry bondings just couldn't resist)
alkady
Bondings wrote:
Yeah, visiting Frihost on your mobile phone does work too. At least until you see your phone bill. Wink

Actually I've visited Frihost many times on my phone, And I can tell you that it causes my phone to freeze everytime. Plus I wouldn't recommened a Mobile Forum because it's too expensive for most users. I pay $0.05 per page, which doesnt seems much, but since on average I would visit 100+ pages in a day, imagine how much pages I'd visit on a 1 hour bus ride?
mathiaus
Anyway, original suggestion already works. Smile

@Alkady, Frihost should work on your phone, but it isn't made for your phone so it will try to load a lot of rubbish that it won't be using. If Frihost made the forum phone usable (for most people), I feel we'd see a lot more txt speak around, which would be a bad thing.

-close-