FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Simpsons ^^

Dodga
The simpsons are the best tv show! they are funny, and they get the whole family in the loungeroom!
eday2010
The Simpsons WERE funny. These days, not so much. That show has lost it's way, and that happened about 10 years ago. If they'd go back to basics and have classic stories like they used to, the show would be great again. But these episodes where they're travelling all over the place are just lame. The show seems like nothing but a string of gags rather than a show with a story that had a purpose, like it used to be.

Family Guy is way better than The Simpsons, though the changes made in Family Guy have taken away from the show.
SimonWSTS
Simpsons is a classic show, part of me druels at the prospect of new episodes but part of me also sighs and thins "here we go again". Another feeble attempt to carry on the show for as long as possible and to make as much money as possible by bringing in countless walkons by shameless celebrities.

Yes, great show but let it rest in peace as a classic!

I agree with the previous post, Family Guy is the way forward.
traxion
the old simpsons where good but over 10 jears of simpsons the fun is over

but its still funny to watch the epesodes of them
eday2010
That's another thing I forgot to mention. Back in the hey-day of the Simpsons, the celebrity voices would play a character on the show (i.e. SideShow Bob, Danny Divito doing Herb). These days the celebrities seem to almost always play themselves coming to Springfield. Lame. How many celebrities would actually go to a town like Springfield on a contstant basis? And it takes away from the down-to-earthness of the show, just the like excessive travelling does.

But, after 18 years, you can't really expect the show to be as good as it used to. I watch the Simpsons Sunday nights to kill time before American Dad and Family Guy. Even with Family Guy I see changes in the show that take away from it. The best episodes are from the first 2 seasons. Then little changes were made with Season 3, and more when the show came back, where that show has lost some of it's deliciousness. Still fabulous though!
reddishblue
I am sad the Simpsons has lost its way, maybe its because they fired the old writers, I believe the Simpsons movie will bring about the end of this classic, now we must make way for Futurama Very Happy .
SurBiff
simpsons is a great show yes!. but simpsons is not all of them great funny shows, there is
american dad , i love that one to Smile
family guy , there is a slim likeness between homer and that dude in family guy. just love that one to.

but the very best of them Smile southpark Cool
and thats that.
raymonbunt
I love the simpsons, its a great show. and they're al fun al the shows are really funny. especcially when someone dies like Crusty the clown
Kelcey
I love the simpsons too... though I haven't been watching it as much lately.
disidro
I used to love The Simpsons but I also think, as you guys, that they are funny no more. It seemed that when Futurama came up all the good writers went to work in that series (The Simpsons and Futurama shared their makers at first). Cheers!
djsamsung
Simpsons and Futurama beats Family Guy/American Dad.

and is still funny. Very Happy
xkobram
Like Simpsons, very much, I watch them every day!
Manofgames
I like the simpons, but the only free chanel that shows the simpsons (Channel 4) keeps showing repeats, so i have to resort to getting reminders from TVgenius (http://www.tvgenius.co.uk) to see if its worth watching. Sad
eday2010
From the two animatic clips i've seen from the movie, it looks like it will me more of the same from the show; gaggy jokes and such.

Usually when a TV show makes a movie, it signals the eventual loss of popularity of the show (Transformers, Power Rangers, etc). One of the exceptions is South Park. I've read that there is no end in sight from Fox for The Simpsons, although the writers and producers already know when and how the show will end. Whether it's with the movie is to be seen.

Even though the show is very sub=par these days, it will be weird when it ends, since I've lived most of my lives with The Simpsons being a current show on TV.

Maybe if they'd bring back some old writes like Conan O'Brien and the like, the show would greatly improve.

I also don't like the oeverall look of the show. It's too clean. I liked it much better when it was still drawn by hand, and they were a more pale yellow.
Manofgames
eday2010 wrote:
From the two animatic clips i've seen from the movie, it looks like it will me more of the same from the show; gaggy jokes and such.

Usually when a TV show makes a movie, it signals the eventual loss of popularity of the show (Transformers, Power Rangers, etc). One of the exceptions is South Park. I've read that there is no end in sight from Fox for The Simpsons, although the writers and producers already know when and how the show will end. Whether it's with the movie is to be seen.

Even though the show is very sub=par these days, it will be weird when it ends, since I've lived most of my lives with The Simpsons being a current show on TV.

Maybe if they'd bring back some old writes like Conan O'Brien and the like, the show would greatly improve.

I also don't like the oeverall look of the show. It's too clean. I liked it much better when it was still drawn by hand, and they were a more pale yellow.

Where did you find that out??

I prefer the graphics nonw, actually.

It annoyed me a bit when you look at the old cartoons, and you see somthing change colour when it moves.

I do agree though that it will be wierd when it ends.

where are you watching it from??
freeedy
I dont think the Simpsons will end any soon, even if there production ends I bet they will continue trasmiting there reruns. I love them all, the classic and the new ones. And I think that the movie will only will only be created to culminate a kind of memorial of the greatest animated series ever created. This is the serie that have lasted the long with the highest rating ever, so there is nothing to argue, people like it.
merenkavijat
Simpons is one of the best tv shows that I haw ever seen. It is very god because there are always someting funny for all who are watchin it.
eday2010
I think i found the animatics on youTube. search google for the simpsons movie clips.

I will admit that the changing of colour when something moves is not missed by me, but animation just seemed more genuine when it was done by hand. plus i like the paler hand drawn simpsons Smile
NeoValkyrion
Simpsons has been one of the greatest shows on television, and although it has gotten slightly lower in quality over the past few years, it seems to me like it's been recovering.

However, the Simpsons movie makes me wonder how long the recovery is going to last...
bongoman
The fact that it has been the longest running tv show ever is no accident. Though that could just be me, I have the ability to give an entire synopsis of an episode just by hearing two lines from an episode. The first website I ever made out of HTML in grade 4 was on the simpsons, and years from now when I have all the dvd's (I only have the first two seasons so far) my kids will be laughing at me wondering how I found this show entertaining (while they had their own cartoon shows)
matrixuk321
the simpsons is the best !
urangkayo
the simpson is nice tv programs i have watching, i miss Bart Very Happy
m_furquan36
the simpsons were really great but now the jokes are becoming less funny and the plots of the overall episodes are also going down so as of the last few years i havent really been watching them anymore..but if they ever decide to kind of get original again i might start watching it again Smile