FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sig Preview in profile page

ocalhoun
I'm thinking it might be very good to have a preview of your sig inside the profile page. (A little update button next to it would be great as well.)
This would make things easier when going through some tricky bb code; you could check to make sure it was working right without submitting it, then finding a post you made, then realizing you should have left out that _____, then going back to the preview page, et cetera.

You could also be clever, and put it inside a box of exactly 600x175 pixels; that way, users could know that if they have to have scroll buttons on that box, their sig is too big.

Another benifit would be that new users could (theoreticly) get their sig all made up without having to make a post before they do in order to see their sig. (Although this is a minor consideration; most new users I see have no sigs.)

Some other types of forums (like Vbulletin) do this (sans the 600x175 box), but I don't know how it might be possible with phpbb. I do think it would be a great idea, though.
Bondings
Good idea, the implementation is harder unfortunately. Maybe in the far future.
Marston
Bondings wrote:
Would it really be all that hard?
Bondings
Marston wrote:
Bondings wrote:

The problem is that there are hundreds of those features I have/want to make.
Marston
Aye, I hear you.
garionw
Bondings wrote:
Marston wrote:
Bondings wrote:

You couldn't make a list of everyone you want in the new version of Frihost and get the php community to do the coding, and the Javascript community to do the AJAX/Javascript and the CSS community to do the stylesheets?

Im quite sure they would help out for a couple of weeks free hosting (w/o posting to get points) Wink Wink :nudge: :nudge: The graphics community could even make up a new emoticon pack
hack_man_
garionw wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Marston wrote:
Bondings wrote:

You couldn't make a list of everyone you want in the new version of Frihost and get the php community to do the coding, and the Javascript community to do the AJAX/Javascript and the CSS community to do the stylesheets?

Im quite sure they would help out for a couple of weeks free hosting (w/o posting to get points) Wink Wink :nudge: :nudge: The graphics community could even make up a new emoticon pack

I think that that is a great idea! Get the community involved on the design of the site. Very good