FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The problem with Fri$

bogger
Fri$ are useless!

I blame rampant inflation and overloose monetary and fiscal policy

Bondings should cut back the interest rates!

Am I the only one here who thinks that Fri$ should become limited, and thus make them a much more worthy goal than just looking shiny?

I think we should have bondings nominate a FCB (frihost central bank)!

I will be more than happy to take part in this, for the fun, and all we need is 2 (or 4) more nominees, I'd like support before i put this idea forward to bondings though Razz
maclui
that would develope the marketplace here at frihost. I support your idea althought I have not very clear on how to start.
Tiger
It would be very nice if we could have a proper Frihost marketplace wherby we could buy and sell forum priveleges, custom titles and the like. I think your idea is a good one and it would certainly be a good idea if it gets off the ground.

I am not sure how people would support it though. Finding useful things to do with your Fri$ is a difficult matter. We need more people to think about this and respond so that you can take this further.

How about a Frihost "newspaper" or a monthly magazine too? Then we can subscribe using our Fri$.
bogger
In repsonse to that, I say that people get a distribution of the Frihost that bondings collects every month depending on their posts per day ratio, or total posts.

Of course we'd need something useful to spend the money on, but until then, we need to try to make the money worth something!

I'm still looking for ideas of candidates for the council!
Mrs Lycos
I also think that so far Fri$ are useless! Please, the Economics Subforum come up with an interesting idea for this! I also support the Frihost Bank.
bogger
ok, I'm gonna be cheeky and find an admin to champion our case!
freeedy
I also support your idea, I am new here but certainly you are right. this frih$ are worthless, but surely soon or later this will change. I had visited other pages that have done the same, they start with $ with no value but eventually they create a market for this $, and they start exchanging online stuff. Probably ours admins will think in something cool, but n the meanwhile they don't have something specific to offer us.
bogger
to be honest, I doubt it

I sent an email to bondings, and he politely turned down the offer. classy, but mean Sad
Tiger
bogger wrote:
to be honest, I doubt it

I sent an email to bondings, and he politely turned down the offer. classy, but mean Sad

Ah, well! The privelege of those in power Smile
Perhaps in the future then. I used to be the sysop of a BBS back in the early 90's. We had banks and shops then too. You could rob the bank, steal from another user, buy certain files or get access to doors, etc.

Forums do have such add-ons, but I have yet to find a forum where the users are really "into" the concept, let alone the admins.

Perhaps next year then!
bogger
I don't want to do anything drastic, just cut down on the unlimited supply!

yes, you're right though, i might as well accept the defeat
deStructuralized
Honestly, I don't think limiting the supply is going to accomplish anything.

The problem is there's an inherent lack of demand for Frih$, since nobody feels they're worth anything. Develop markets first. Then worry about things like "inflation" or "oversupply."

If you want to spend Frih$ you'll need (1) Frihost and (2) individual forum members to start selling services in exchange for them.
bogger
There is a marketplace, which does a lively trade (well did, ay any rate)

If we limit the whole supply to say, 1k Twisted Evil then people will wanna start hoarding it. making it MUCH more interesting
ahsanrao
agree bank will be good idea. which possess all the bank functions...

like bonds ,loaning and other stuff .. it would be great
bogger
Yes, while that's a good idea, it's all hypotheses unless we can get the amount of money that's being given limited!
Winterborne
*pokes my frih$* I stil have yet to figure out what they are actually used for, so yeah. I guess they are kinda useless, to me anyway.
bogger
If you're looking for something to spend them on, donate them all to the "bogger management service" I'll manage your money, with NO depreciation!
Terrasis-Cian
omething needs to be done. Someone should mention it to admin. Its no use talking about it! .. Ill take some FRI$ off your hands Smile
bogger
Ha, you wish, And, I'd tell an admin, but I don't know who they are!

I know bondings, and that's it, the rest are all retired these days Sad
arkebuzer
bogger wrote:
Fri$ are useless!

I blame rampant inflation and overloose monetary and fiscal policy

Bondings should cut back the interest rates!

Am I the only one here who thinks that Fri$ should become limited, and thus make them a much more worthy goal than just looking shiny?

I think we should have bondings nominate a FCB (frihost central bank)!

I will be more than happy to take part in this, for the fun, and all we need is 2 (or 4) more nominees, I'd like support before i put this idea forward to bondings though Razz

As written on the forum there will come new uses for Frih$. Ipersonally look forward to this, since I will never get enough frih$ to get a good directory listing, and buying design help and so on isnt my cup of tea, I prefer making it all myself, and learn on the way.

Beeing able to buy more bandwidth, server space and so on would be really great!

Its really not a big deal... but sure, it would be nice to actually be able to spend the frih$ on something usefull than just collecting them >:]
tuncay
I have never used Fri$ and I guess selling banners and such with these is not a very good idea, maybe some more interesting stuff may be subject to sale, eh?
bogger
Yeah, exactly, but limiting the supply is a must have to get the ball rolling!

Anyways, this topic is pretty much dead, might as well close it, i suppose