FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ibm00001.exe and Virus problem

Peterssidan
My AntiVirus program said that there was an virus in "D:\Program\Delade filer\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00002.dll"Shocked (Swedish version) the name was Downloader I think but It could not delet it. But I made so after restart the computer in the safe mode and delete it. But later it found a virus in the "ibm00001.dll" too so I deleted it and the "ibm00001.exe" too to be on the safe side.

I want to know if my Windows XP will run fine without this file. Confused Because When I start the computer It says It canot find bm00001.exe. should I try to get a new file or should I try to delet the stupid messege Question
Kelvin
you can do a search for ibm0001.exe. there seem to be quite a few topics on removing this infection.

One eg. would be:
http://help.lockergnome.com/general/quot-Find-Ibm00001-exe-quot-Error-Message-ftopict41388.html
Bones
When it says that Windows cannot find the file on startup, that's actually a good thing. What is happening is there is an entry in the registry's run key that is trying to load the virus on startup. Since you deleted the files, they cannot be loaded on startup and hence the error message.

To get rid of it, check this key in the registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Once you click on the Run key, check the window pane on the right and look for entries that refer to the virus you deleted.
If you find any entries there, delete them, close regedit and restart the pc.
darkeagle
Bones wrote:
When it says that Windows cannot find the file on startup, that's actually a good thing. What is happening is there is an entry in the registry's run key that is trying to load the virus on startup. Since you deleted the files, they cannot be loaded on startup and hence the error message.

To get rid of it, check this key in the registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Once you click on the Run key, check the window pane on the right and look for entries that refer to the virus you deleted.
If you find any entries there, delete them, close regedit and restart the pc.

You can delete it there too.

Start Arrow run Arrow msconfig

Then select startup and delete this file's name.
Peterssidan
I had a swedish XP version so it's not named they same but I removed the file from the register and now the messege don't appear. Very Happy