FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

5-0 Chicago bears and nfl schedules

mrblah
So there Chicago Bears are 5-0 in the NFL. Isn't it odd that a playoff team from last year has such a weak schedule? It seems the teams with the weaker schedules always do way better than they should. I know it's done for parity or whatever but I miss watching the super dominant teams in the NFL.
HDirtwater
The Bears' schedule is far from weak. Their non-conference games are very tough (Buf, NE, NYJ, MIA) and they also play WAS and NYG. They blew out Seattle and Buffalo. The Bears are for real.

There is too much parity in the NFL to say that certain teams are better than others because of the schedule. It's not the Bears fault they play in the weakest division. Teams need to win the games they play, get into the playoffs, and then win those games.
mrblah
HDirtwater wrote:
The Bears' schedule is far from weak. Their non-conference games are very tough (Buf, NE, NYJ, MIA) and they also play WAS and NYG. They blew out Seattle and Buffalo. The Bears are for real.

There is too much parity in the NFL to say that certain teams are better than others because of the schedule. It's not the Bears fault they play in the weakest division. Teams need to win the games they play, get into the playoffs, and then win those games.

i'll give you NE as being tough but think the other teams you listed are just too inconsistent to be labled as strong. I think they will win the division and once again lose the first playoff game. I think NE will really expose them on offense and the rest of the league will just copy as usual.
jveezy
As for the schedule, that is determined by a three year rotation of divisions for intraconference matchups, a four year rotation of divisions for interconference matchups, the six divisional games, and the last two games from two conference teams that placed exactly the same in their respective divisions as the team did the year before.

This year, Chicago will play the NFC West (SF, Arizona, St. Louis, and Seattle), the AFC East (NE, Miami, Buffalo, NY), it's own division (which I do have to agree is weak) twice, and last year's other two division winners (Tampa Bay and NY).

They may have a weak schedule but that's just a product of the scheduling formula. Despite their schedule, they are definitely for real. They have dominated all the teams they've beaten with the exception of Minnesota (who has played everyone close this year. Check their scores if you don't believe me). Seattle was annihilating teams before Chicago just slapped the living s*** out of them. And yes, Seattle didn't have Shaun Alexander, but he wouldn't have helped much against the Bears defense.

Last year's crazy-tough defense is still intact and now they actually have a high-powered offense to go along with it. This Chicago Bears team may be the closest thing to a powerhouse football team we have seen in a long time.
DBoy22
HDirtwater wrote:

I don't recall shaun alexander playin in that game and yea I believe that nfl schedules are created 3 years in advance so that's why the schedule may seem easy but it's just they don't know how that team will be in the next 3 years hence why they make it like that.

DB