FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need help about USB HUB

phinguyen
so i'm looking for a USB/Firewire HUB for my notebook. simple ryte? well there's a bit of a catch, i've spent some time looking for this item but havent had any luck with it.

i want a hub that goes into my device bay, module bay, swappable device bay, what ever you want to call the bay that your super slim optical drive would go.

as most of you kno, most of the hybrid internal super slim optical drives for notebooks arent that well made, and they werent designed for massive usage, so of course i'm using an external drive. anyways, i now have an open drive bay and i could use alot more USB and/or Firewire ports and i dont want to buy other hubs that connect via USB, i want to use up my device bay space, does anyone know if they even make other accessories that go into the device bay?
psycosquirrel
I know some manufacturers make batteries for them, we have a few for IBMs and Toshibas at work. I have never heard of a USB hub though.

From my experience, the CD/DVD drives are very durable. I used them in my desktop for a long time with no problems, and they rarely fail at work (usually the hard drive fails far before the CD drive).