FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Health Tip of the Day

nigam
Here's some welcome news for breakfast lovers: Eggs may help reduce your weight.

Eggs already have been reinstated as a health food (the major Nurses' Health Study cleared eggs of upping heart attack and stroke risk). Now there's evidence that people who scramble, boil, or poach one for breakfast -- versus eating a bagel with the same number of calories -- bypass junk-food cravings and eat fewer calories for at least 24 hours, without even trying.
RT Cunningham
I don't know about weight loss, but they certainly reduce cravings throughout the day. Did you know that some doctors still believe that eggs are bad for you and contain too much cholesterol? I didn't believe it myself until my wife came home from the doctor, in the U.S., last year. The doctor told her no eggs and no coconut milk because both contain high amounts of cholesterol.

I had to send her to a different doctor after filing a complaint against that one. Coconut is a fruit and only animals produce cholesterol.
quex
Good advice! US doctors are too frightened of cholesterol, in my opinion... the healthiest Japanese I know eat an egg (or two!) every day.

If anyone's interested in the egg habit, I understand that the breakfast trick works at night, too, for folks who tend to have after-dinner snack cravings. I try to remember to eat a boiled egg (with a little salt/pepper to taste) after dinner if I plan to take a night bus or a late train out of town; it keeps me from wanting a snack or a cola at the station.

The incredible edible egg~!

/I loved those commercials
woundedhealer
Although eggs are a very good food, eating them every day can cause constipation.
A better breakfast food is bananas. They also make a healthy snack during the day. The plus side of bananas is they are one of your daily five fruits or veg portions and they are an instant food.
7Pound7
to the previous poster:

bananas are too fat for every day use. they are also causing obstipation when fresh. when they reach the brownish color, bananas have a stimulating effect.

Hail to the eggs. Stop kill chickens and let them lay their eggs. No meat anymore but healthy eggs. Good point.

7Pound7
woundedhealer
7Pound7 wrote:
to the previous poster:

bananas are too fat for every day use. they are also causing obstipation when fresh. when they reach the brownish color, bananas have a stimulating effect.

Hail to the eggs. Stop kill chickens and let them lay their eggs. No meat anymore but healthy eggs. Good point.

7Pound7

Fresh, ripe bananas are high in fibre and relieve constipation. They are most certainly suitable for eating every day. I actually eat two a day, one at breakfast and one luchtime. Size wise, I'm a size 12, uk. They are the very best food you can have for breakfast.

An average size banana has 95 calories - much less than most snack bars. here are some of the nutritional facts.

They are very high in potassium and rich in vitamin B6, folic acid and soluble fiber. Bananas are good for raised cholesterol and cramps (especially PMS)

I agree that eggs are very nutritious, it's the constipating effect of them which makes me believe they are not a suitable food for every day.

Eggs, bieng high in protien are a perfect substitute (in moderation) for meat.

Great idea! Idea we could start a new diet fad - eggs and bananas Smile