FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter 7

kany
Does any one know when is the next harry potter coming out. Seems like taking a long time. and whether there will be other parts or it will be the end.
dray101
go to the offical website and you'll find most of the answers Wink
ArthurBenevicci
Wikipedia wrote:
A publishing director at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. said in May 2006 that she hopes the seventh book will be released in 2007, even going so far as to say it was "likely".[2] One candidate release date for the seventh book has been July 7, 2007 (07/07/07), based on the supposedly strong magical properties (and recurring themes) of the number seven in the Harry Potter universe.[3] Yet a release date of July 7 may be avoided, along with the accompanying media attention and release parties, out of respect for the anniversary of the 7 July 2005 London bombings. This date would also coincide with the release of the fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, currently scheduled to be released into theatres on Friday July 13, 2007.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_7
So, no official release date yet, but educated speculation.
SmartsTeam
I hate Harry Potter
Nikkori
I don't hate Harry Potter.
dac_nip
i love Harry Potter, what's there not to love? Very Happy
kany
Well its really when something gets famous . It attract hatred as much as it attract love. So its really not impossible that many hate Harry Potter as well.
bonestorm74
I tried reading some but I think they are more aimed at kids, it didn't really suit my tastes. I certainly give points to the author for creating an incredibly imaginative and vivid world.
westhighdrumline
bonestorm74 wrote:
I certainly give points to the author for creating an incredibly imaginative and vivid world.

I do too Very Happy it seems very interesting to read something that is a little different from typical fantasy stories.
INeedHelp
First off, I love Harry Potter. Second, I would love anything that could get some imagination into the heart and soul of young readers. A book that can get kids to read when we are in a society full of video games, movies, and tv (which I love, but I love reading as well), is something to love in my book.
Droop
SmartsTeam wrote:
I hate Harry Potter

LoL your funny, if you hate Harry Potter, why did you even read this post, never the less point out the fact that Harry Potter was worthy of your own thoughts. There's one thing you should learn on this board is to be respectful you wont get anywhere being rude!! it's totally obvious this message is for people that enjoy Harry Potter. .so if you could keep the bs comments to yourself-

Sorry for being rude myself!!

____

I hope to see the book early 07, The whole story line is driving me crazy - It's not that I want it all to end, just wondering how it's gonna all end. . .Happy posting!!!
Serafina
Oh man, there is a HUGE Harry Potter community on the web. I think the Leaky Cauldron is one of the biggest, google it and you should be able to find the answers to all your questions and more.
TomGrey
I love Harry Potter, but have only read 11 ... 6 in English, 5 in Slovak. I was planning on reading 6 in Slovak over the summer, but too much computer fun. I read book 6 on the day (after midnight, till 9am) it came out.

Harry Potter is almost unique in literature in following the realistic growth of a boy into a young man, over the course of annual books.

I don't know of any series that comes close to this feat.

Plus the stories are all good, the world is wonderously creative, the reads themselves are quick and interesting.

There is a slight downside in that the first couple books are suitable for even the youngest reading kids, but after book 3 (with Dementors), and especially book 4 (with Voldemort's return). By book 5, they aren't really for kids anymore.

Another good series is the George RR Martin "Game of Thrones" Saga of Fire and Ice; now waiting for book 5 (of 7?)
deborah
Who do you think R.A.B might be?
TomGrey
See the Order of the Phoenix, and the discussion of the Black family in front of the genealogy chart.

I suspect that he might have been friends, or an enemy, or both (at different times) with Severus Snape -- another Death Eater.

I suspect that Harry will find the real Horcrux with Kreacher; or somewhere in Godric's Hollow (where his parents were murdered).

I suspect Book 7 will be an interesting scavenger hunt for the other 6 horcruxes:
Tom Riddle's Diary (x-destroyed by Harry)
The ring (x-destroyed by Dumbledore)
Slytherin Necklace+pendant (? R.A.B, destroyed or hidden?)
Hufflepuff cups (?)
Ravenclaw something (?)
Nagira, the snake (? to be killed early? or late/ last?)

Or maybe not all are found, and Harry doesn't quite kill Voldemort?
(But isn't this to be a hollywood movie?)
tyrant
I'm 20 and i like harry potter Very Happy ,i find it realistic for a fatnasy based series. The connection between voldermort and harry is an interesting element in the story and the descriptions are vivid. Characters are developed quite well.

Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone have any idea how long more will the harry potter series continue for ?
hilopita
I hate Harry Potter 2 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
JoseRizal
i think R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Sirius' brother.
i think Dumbledore somehow is not dead, but arranged the killing scene with Snape.
it still hasn't been explained why Dumbledore trusted Snape with his life - in the end i think Snape will prove to be a good guy.

and JK Rowling said one of the three kids will die - who do you think it will be?
i'm guessing it's Ron (i like him, and i'd be sorry to see him die).
wumingsden
Just had a bit of a brain wave when reading this thread. Could it be possible that harry is one of the "horcruxes'". I dont really know what there supposed to be, anyone care to explain and suggest reasons for/against why he cannot be one?
Xcelerate
the end of book 6 was a shocker, so i cnt wait for book 7. july 7th ill b there waitin.
marcmgeronimo
I can not wait for this to be released. Since this is the expected last book of the Harry Potter series we all speculate what will happen to Harry and his adventures against Voldemort. The last six books was a blast and it keeps you wanting for the next adventure. I just hope that the story of Harry Potter ends up in a nice way.
Kath
TomGrey wrote:
See the Order of the Phoenix, and the discussion of the Black family in front of the genealogy chart.

I suspect that he might have been friends, or an enemy, or both (at different times) with Severus Snape -- another Death Eater.

I suspect that Harry will find the real Horcrux with Kreacher; or somewhere in Godric's Hollow (where his parents were murdered).

I suspect Book 7 will be an interesting scavenger hunt for the other 6 horcruxes:
Tom Riddle's Diary (x-destroyed by Harry)
The ring (x-destroyed by Dumbledore)
Slytherin Necklace+pendant (? R.A.B, destroyed or hidden?)
Hufflepuff cups (?)
Ravenclaw something (?)
Nagira, the snake (? to be killed early? or late/ last?)

Or maybe not all are found, and Harry doesn't quite kill Voldemort?
(But isn't this to be a hollywood movie?)

(Warning- HP&OoP Spoiler)
Hi there! this is my first post so pls forgive me if i stuff up:
First I'd like to say that I am 24 and I love Harry Potter!...
TomGrey- I was really interested in you theory about R.A.B. I also think that the mysterious R.A.B is sirius's brother- Regulus (or however it is to be spelt) but I think the slytherin locket will be with Kreacher...he is hording allsorts of Black family treasures...also note in order of the pheonix that when the weasley's, harry and Sirius is cleaning out a cupboard in the order's headquarters there is reference to a heavy locket that none of them could open....I'm thinking this is the slytherin locket and Kreacher will; hoard it....what do you reckon? -Kath
xkobram
I dont want to make advice to Rowling, but she should write faster
kany
Well i like it to be slow becuase if she were to be faster then it would have all ended up to quickly and might have not been this quality . She must really change things quite alot during writing . So its more prone to mistakes and errors if she were to write it quickly and she can't afford that becuase there are millions of people reading her stories. and well its also fun waiting for something that you really like.
vanille
I have no idea...but you know what? I was rereading the fourth-fifth books and I realized that I found bits of them corny! At least I'm not getting dragged along like those Lemony Snickett books. Finally, Harry Potter is ending!

J.K. Rowling is probably being lazy and taking a long time on purpose. -_-
xkobram
kany wrote:
Well i like it to be slow becuase if she were to be faster then it would have all ended up to quickly and might have not been this quality . She must really change things quite alot during writing . So its more prone to mistakes and errors if she were to write it quickly and she can't afford that becuase there are millions of people reading her stories. and well its also fun waiting for something that you really like.

For me its not fun. WHen 1st book was out i read it and none of my frinds knew about it, but now its so comercial, everyone thinks is the world bestseller...
ainieas
bonestorm74 wrote:
I tried reading some but I think they are more aimed at kids, it didn't really suit my tastes. I certainly give points to the author for creating an incredibly imaginative and vivid world.

I'm a student majoring in English and I'd like to mention that last week we had a discussion on Harry Potter in class. It was mostly about style and the satirical comparisons to the real world. We even advocated to have the later books included in pur course but didn't work!
It might have started as something for the children but it has grown into something beyond. The underlying goth theme, the violence, its no longer solely in the children's domain.

SPOILER ALERT

wumingsden wrote:
Just had a bit of a brain wave when reading this thread. Could it be possible that harry is one of the "horcruxes'". I dont really know what there supposed to be, anyone care to explain and suggest reasons for/against why he cannot be one?

My thoughts exactly. Maybe something to do with harry's scar and all. Would be one hell of a moment though if Harry has to die to kill his Nemesis. Also in this way it would be easier for JK Rowling to kill him off.
Otherwise as an alternate end I see Harry as the the future headmaster of Hogwarts.
evanc88
I don't think Harry is a horcrux. There's been so much speculation and instant thoughts on that, and usually J.K. Rowling is pretty good at surprising us.

Other than that, however, I do think Harry will end up dying. She's hinted at that being the ending, and I can see why--that way no other authors can bastardize her character and she can stick to her own goal and write no more than these 7 books. She's also hinted, however, that other than the encyclopedia she wants to write, she may continue the Harry Potter series, so I'm not sure...

Also, I love Harry Potter... >.>
dac_nip
hey..anyone who has news/hint about this? im pretty hype here..
reddishblue
wumingsden wrote:

Is that YOUR brainwave Wumingsden http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/theburrow/jen01.shtml
saratdear
wumingsden wrote:

Oh, so you are an HP fan, wumingsden?

Well, it is certainly not a bad idea, there are a lot of reasone for and against it.

For : Assuming, the six horcruxes we know are the diary, the ring, the locket, the cup, Nagini, and the part inside Voldemort himself. And the seventh part could either be something of Griffindor or Ravenclaw, or as you suggested, Harry, or even, his scar. Shocked
There are a lot of reasons supporting this, which I collected from the books and the net. Firstly, what Dumbledore said :-

“He (Voldemort) seems to have reserved the process of making Horcruxes for particularly significant deaths. You (Harry) would certainly have been that. He believed that by killing you, he was destroying the danger the prophecy had outlined. He believed he was making himself invincible. I am sure he was intending to make the final Horcrux with your death.”

Now, what I am going to say is my deduction :

This means that Voldemort had created the other Horcruxes and entered Godric's Hollow with the intention of killing Harry and making a horcrux, which was not Harry. But, in the mishap of the Avada Kedavra, he was forced to make Harry a horcux.

Against : Simply, because I don't like Harry to die in the end. But, taking what I said in the above paragraph into consideration, you must remember that Voldemort would not intentionally create a Horcrux of something he wanted to destroy. Simply put, he knew he would not die even if Avada Kedavra was casted on him, simply because he has 6 other horcruxes. So he simply won't "accidently" make Harry a horcrux because he still can make a horcrux even if a disaster like what happened in Godric's Hollow occurred to him.

I know it seems a bit confusing.

And now, my own theory :

Is Zacharius Smith, the annoying character in Hufflepuff and Hepizbah Smith, the witch Tom Riddle murdered, related? Because if they are harry could track down the cup with some help from Zacharius.
reddishblue
I was most likely not his own idea I linked to an editorial where it debated the odds of Harry himself becoming a Horcrux, however it is possible that with the powers Voldemort gave Harry Parsletongue esc he also unwillingly gave him a part of his soul, however Slugworth said that there is a spell you must cast in order to make something into a Horcrux and he certainly didn't have time to do it since he had just been obliterated by the Adava Kedava spell.

It would be an excellent twist by J.K to make this so, also can someone explain to me what Voldemort meant by "Kill me Dumbledore and if death is nothing kill the boy" I don't understand that.

Also who do you think will perform magic at a later age (from a JK interview) I think it will be Filch.
wumingsden
saratdear wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Oh, so you are an HP fan, wumingsden?

I'm personally not a massive fan, although I was when I was younger. I was majorly turned off by the 6th book, it's soooo un-J.K.Rowling-ish, I think. The format at the 6th compared to the earier 5 I find different.

saratdear wrote:
Well, it is certainly not a bad idea, there are a lot of reasone for and against it.

For : Assuming, the six horcruxes we know are the diary, the ring, the locket, the cup, Nagini, and the part inside Voldemort himself. And the seventh part could either be something of Griffindor or Ravenclaw, or as you suggested, Harry, or even, his scar. Shocked
There are a lot of reasons supporting this, which I collected from the books and the net. Firstly, what Dumbledore said :-

“He (Voldemort) seems to have reserved the process of making Horcruxes for particularly significant deaths. You (Harry) would certainly have been that. He believed that by killing you, he was destroying the danger the prophecy had outlined. He believed he was making himself invincible. I am sure he was intending to make the final Horcrux with your death.”

Now, what I am going to say is my deduction :

This means that Voldemort had created the other Horcruxes and entered Godric's Hollow with the intention of killing Harry and making a horcrux, which was not Harry. But, in the mishap of the Avada Kedavra, he was forced to make Harry a horcux.

Against : Simply, because I don't like Harry to die in the end. But, taking what I said in the above paragraph into consideration, you must remember that Voldemort would not intentionally create a Horcrux of something he wanted to destroy. Simply put, he knew he would not die even if Avada Kedavra was casted on him, simply because he has 6 other horcruxes. So he simply won't "accidently" make Harry a horcrux because he still can make a horcrux even if a disaster like what happened in Godric's Hollow occurred to him.

I know it seems a bit confusing.

And now, my own theory :

Is Zacharius Smith, the annoying character in Hufflepuff and Hepizbah Smith, the witch Tom Riddle murdered, related? Because if they are harry could track down the cup with some help from Zacharius.

They could be, only J.K knows. Smith is one of the most common english surnames, but I think zacharias and hepzibah are both hebrew. If so, they are probably related. Does zacharias live with his parents? i cannot remember them being mentioned (note that I haven't read them for ages).

reddishblue wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Is that YOUR brainwave Wumingsden http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/theburrow/jen01.shtml

I couldn't be bother to read the article. If it states that harry could be one of the horcruxes, then yes, that is my brainwave.

reddishblue wrote:
I was most likely not his own idea I linked to an editorial ....

^

Ash, everyone comes up with idea's everyday. Just because two people come up with the same idea does not mean that one of them must of stolen it, especially when it comes to this kind of guesswork where we have all of the material in front of us that we need. In addition to one's imagination, anything is possible.
reddishblue
Hmmmmm when did I reveal my real name, this will take some pondering

Edit: I dont have a clue, the search failed
saratdear
wumingsden wrote:

They could be, only J.K knows. Smith is one of the most common english surnames, but I think zacharias and hepzibah are both hebrew. If so, they are probably related. Does zacharias live with his parents? i cannot remember them being mentioned (note that I haven't read them for ages).

Yes, that could be possible, but JK usually doesn't make such a mistake.
What I am saying that after showing the memory of Hokey(Hepizbah's elf), Dumbledore said that her relatives had made a search of the cup and the locket and the cup and this had not been fruitful.
So, if they are related, Harry could contact Zacharius parents and in someway find that Horcrux, or even begin his search from there.
You must also note that JK has given too much importance to Zacharius in the 5th and the 6th books, after introducing him in the first meeting of the DA.
The-Nisk
wumingsden wrote:

lol thats a crazy point if you follow the story Laughing but, u never know. but I think that it's harry who dies in the end. it would kind of fit in to the story. Besides J.K. Rowling isn't big on happy endings. Somebody mentioned that they think Dumbledore is alive, i wouldn't think so, his death was too tragic, I think, to have been fake. I do expect Harry to find something in Godric's Hollow (a horcrux perhaps) or something that will help him find the final horcruxes OR/AND return to Hogwarts for the final year. It is possible Dumbledores 'will' is discovered in which something important is stated. dunno. so in the end i think both Harry and Voldemort die. but, heh, we'll see soon enough
Very Happy
The-Nisk
guys, i'm now almost 100% sure Harry is the final Horcrux. crazy yeah?
well consider this:

1.Dumbledore tells harry in his second year (i think) "When Voldemort tried to kill you Harry, I think he un-willingly gave you some of his powers (a bit of himself)" (this isn't the exact quote, because i havent got the book =( )
2. Dumbledore tells harry in his office after the death of Sirius "I thought i saw a shadow of Voldemort behind your eyes" surely simple manipulation cannot change your looks? lol
3.Voldemort tells dumbledore "Kill me now Dumbledore....if death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy" weird statement huh? Voldemort knew it was a simple possesion and dumbledore wont harm Harry in hope of killing Voldemort, obvious isn't it? then why did he posses him? unless it wasnt a simple possesion but that bit of voldemort's soul inside Harry took hold of him? catching on? and then Dumbledore tell's Harry "It was Your Hearth that saved you....he cannot bear to reside inside a body so full of the force he detests" now, BODY? doesn't he mean mind? so you see what i mean? and finaly,
4. "Voldemort only made his horcruxes with important deaths..." so it means a death must occur for the horcrux to be made, has to be the same spell that kill's and makes a horcrux doesnt it? magic or no magic it has to be. And if "Avada kedavra" doesnt leave mark, how come there is a scar? even if it rebounced of? I'll let you figure it out for yourself..

So I think the spell that was meant to kill harry and make a horcrux, made a horcrux but 'killed' Voldemort ( well kinda). So Harry is the horcrux and it's his hearth that protects him from Voldemort's soul inside him. "You are too young to understand just how special you are Harry"(Dumbledore) surely he can't mean his ability to love, there are others who can do the same.

But of course for that theory to work you'll have to discard the fact that voldemort tried to kill Harry in "Goblet of Fire", but perhaps then he didn't know what Harry realy is. but what about the murder attempt in the "Order of the Phoenix"? perhaps Voldemort realised just what a serious threat Harry is and decided to sacrifise his bit of soul by killing him. there I prety much proved my points back and forth, so I'm goin to bed lol let me know what you think! Cool

sorry for posting twice!
saratdear
The-Nisk wrote:
guys, i'm now almost 100% sure Harry is the final Horcrux. crazy yeah?
well consider this:

1.Dumbledore tells harry in his second year (i think) "When Voldemort tried to kill you Harry, I think he un-willingly gave you some of his powers (a bit of himself)" (this isn't the exact quote, because i havent got the book =( )
2. Dumbledore tells harry in his office after the death of Sirius "I thought i saw a shadow of Voldemort behind your eyes" surely simple manipulation cannot change your looks? lol
3.Voldemort tells dumbledore "Kill me now Dumbledore....if death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy" weird statement huh? Voldemort knew it was a simple possesion and dumbledore wont harm Harry in hope of killing Voldemort, obvious isn't it? then why did he posses him? unless it wasnt a simple possesion but that bit of voldemort's soul inside Harry took hold of him? catching on? and then Dumbledore tell's Harry "It was Your Hearth that saved you....he cannot bear to reside inside a body so full of the force he detests" now, BODY? doesn't he mean mind? so you see what i mean? and finaly,
4. "Voldemort only made his horcruxes with important deaths..." so it means a death must occur for the horcrux to be made, has to be the same spell that kill's and makes a horcrux doesnt it? magic or no magic it has to be. And if "Avada kedavra" doesnt leave mark, how come there is a scar? even if it rebounced of? I'll let you figure it out for yourself..

So I think the spell that was meant to kill harry and make a horcrux, made a horcrux but 'killed' Voldemort ( well kinda). So Harry is the horcrux and it's his hearth that protects him from Voldemort's soul inside him. "You are too young to understand just how special you are Harry"(Dumbledore) surely he can't mean his ability to love, there are others who can do the same.

But of course for that theory to work you'll have to discard the fact that voldemort tried to kill Harry in "Goblet of Fire", but perhaps then he didn't know what Harry realy is. but what about the murder attempt in the "Order of the Phoenix"? perhaps Voldemort realised just what a serious threat Harry is and decided to sacrifise his bit of soul by killing him. there I prety much proved my points back and forth, so I'm goin to bed lol let me know what you think! Cool

sorry for posting twice!

That's quite an interesting post you have set up, complete with quotes and all. I have tried, in this post, to carefully analyze every part of your post and then provide my opinion on them.

Quote:

I suppose it could be the hint that Harry is a horcrux, but it also could be, as Dumbledore explains later, some of the habits of Voldemort. Ability of Parseltongue, certain disregard of rules, etc.etc.

Quote:

Although this is one of the important hints, I really don't have any explanation for this. I suppose the reasons I gave above would count for this too.

Quote:

I suppose the reason Voldemort possessed Harry was really to escape from the location. It was the Ministry of Magic, lots of aurors were probably going to rush along, and he was duelling with Dumbledore. He knew Dumbledore would not knowingly harm Harry, and that was probably the reason why he possessed Harry. And it although it is weird the way in which Voldemort possessed him, you must remember that in many ways, it was similar to the situation when he possessed Quirrel.
Although I agree that his statement was a bit fishy. Maybe he was just mocking at Dumbledore...

Quote:

Yes, that just made me remember. Voldemort has to use another spell after killing somebody to make somebody a horcrux. And I don't think that he had much time after the curse rebounding to even "accidently" make Harry a horcrux.
And I suppose Avada Kedavra leaves no mark when the victim is dead, of course. Although Harry was protected by his mother, suppose Avada Kedavra is too major a curse to leave no traces.

I suppose I made everything clear in this post of mine. Wink
Aless
I'm so excited we finally have a release date!! I think the world might stop just a little bit on the 21st of July Smile.
magneto_ms
Well whether anybody here loves or hate HP, the fact remains that it got the kids getting back to books. That in itself is an outstanding achievement by Rowling.
Malchior
I honestly started this topic in a Chat room once, and I honestly mean it. I got really curious about Harry being a horcrux and The-Nisk's posts made it 99%(I wouldn't say 100% because we haven't read the Last book yet). I mean, why would JKR put quotes like that in the books if Harry weren't a horcrux?

So this made me conclude that Harry has to be killed in order to destroy Voldemort and save mankind. I'm also thinking that this person who will kill Harry has to be someone close to him.

But what I'm 100% sure is that the 7th book will be deadly, sad, but still have a good ending.
saratdear
Malchior wrote:
I honestly started this topic in a Chat room once, and I honestly mean it. I got really curious about Harry being a horcrux and The-Nisk's posts made it 99%(I wouldn't say 100% because we haven't read the Last book yet). I mean, why would JKR put quotes like that in the books if Harry weren't a horcrux?

So this made me conclude that Harry has to be killed in order to destroy Voldemort and save mankind. I'm also thinking that this person who will kill Harry has to be someone close to him.

But what I'm 100% sure is that the 7th book will be deadly, sad, but still have a good ending.

You know, reading all your posts is actually making me believe Harry is a horcrux! But really, I don't think someone would have to kill Harry. Infact, I read in one of the HP rumor pages that harry's scar is the horcrux, and he points his wand at it and says "Avada Kedavra". That is a possibility. And, Rowling would want to finish Harry off because then no other authors could write about harry's life after Hogwarts.
Rengidar
saratdear wrote:

The-Nisk wrote:

Although this is one of the important hints, I really don't have any explanation for this. I suppose the reasons I gave above would count for this too.

When Dumbledore talked about the shadow of Voldemort he wasn't talking about the bit of soul inside Harry. He simply knew (or supposed) that Voldemort was using Legilimency against Harry. He thought that Voldemort could see what Harry saw. That was the reason why Dumbledore didn't talk or even as much as looked at Harry - he was afraid that Voldemort could use the bond between him and Harry to spy on Dumbledore. So of all that one really isn't proving anything about Harry being Horcrux.

saratdear wrote:

The-Nisk wrote:

3.Voldemort tells dumbledore "Kill me now Dumbledore....if death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy" weird statement huh? Voldemort knew it was a simple possesion and dumbledore wont harm Harry in hope of killing Voldemort, obvious isn't it? then why did he posses him? unless it wasnt a simple possesion but that bit of voldemort's soul inside Harry took hold of him? catching on? and then Dumbledore tell's Harry "It was Your Hearth that saved you....he cannot bear to reside inside a body so full of the force he detests" now, BODY? doesn't he mean mind? so you see what i mean?

I suppose the reason Voldemort possessed Harry was really to escape from the location. It was the Ministry of Magic, lots of aurors were probably going to rush along, and he was duelling with Dumbledore. He knew Dumbledore would not knowingly harm Harry, and that was probably the reason why he possessed Harry. And it although it is weird the way in which Voldemort possessed him, you must remember that in many ways, it was similar to the situation when he possessed Quirrel.
Although I agree that his statement was a bit fishy. Maybe he was just mocking at Dumbledore...

I agree on this one with saratdear. Voldemort possessed Harry (and therefore his body) in MoM. He did it because he knew Dumbledore will not kill Harry and he understood that otherwise he hardly stood a chance of escaping.

The-Nisk wrote:

Two points here. Firstly, as saratdear said, you have to use another spell after the Unforgivable to make a Horcrux (and probably rather complicated one). Voldemort was destroyed after his Avada Kedavra and he had no time whatsoever to make Harry a Horcrux.

And secondly, Avada Kedavra doesn't leave a mark if everything turns out as planned - if person on whom the curse was sent is dead then he is dead and no sign is left. But in this case something went wrong so those rules don't apply.

I really don't think Harry is a Horcrux because if he was that would make impossible - yes, according to prophecy absolutely impossible - to rid the world of Voldemort. Only Harry has the power to destroy Voldemort but to destroy Voldemort one first has to destroy his Horcruxes - and therefore Harry. If Harry is dead Voldemort cannot be killed.