FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 2142 - Demo out

Zpanzer
I dont know how many of you that have seen it but the upcomming game Battlefield 2142 demo is out, still in very beta and only comes with one Map and two Gamemodes:

Grap it here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/168737/160000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2142-Demo

Its a 1gb file so it can take some time to download and there is adressed issues with some computers where the game crashes on some servers but if you get to play on one its really entertaining.

A quick explanation about the game modes that comes with it.

Titan:
Each team has a big ship called Titans that floats over the map, theese will be primary spawn point and the one you need to destroy to win.
The thing is though, the titans has a really strong shield and you also need to bash through a second shield. What you will neeed to do is to capture several importnent points on the map with kind of Ant-Titan Missile silos, once you capture one it will begin to shoot at the enemy titan and is the only way to destroy the shields. The more you have the faster it goes.
So the game there simply is capturing and retaking until the shields go down, this is were the fun begins, becase now you have two options:

1. Board the enemy Titan and destroy there core, this is the fastes way of winning, but you will need to board it and face enemy respawns, and before you can acces the core, you will have to destory 4 panels, which ofcourse the enemies will protect. Once granted acces to the core, destroy it and RUN off the titan before it explodes.

2. Let the missiles kill it, this is slow but a more safe way since you will focus on protecting your points and slowly let the missiles destroy it.

Hope to see you online in this game Smile
TonkPilz
yeah i downloaded it a few days ago and so far i like it better than the earlier bf games basically coz im not to in to realistic stuff even tho BF2 was my favourite game for a wile
datter
TonkPilz wrote:
yeah i downloaded it a few days ago and so far i like it better than the earlier bf games basically coz im not to in to realistic stuff even tho BF2 was my favourite game for a wile

Exact opposite here. I tried it and it was ok, but I'd prefer a realistic modern day setting.
faker_phil
Me too. I favor BF2, I don't like all that futuristic stuff they added. In my opinion, BF2142 might as well be a free mod to BF2. And it's buggy as hell, even still the demo. There's no way in hell I'm gonna buy that.
TonkPilz
faker_phil wrote:
Me too. I favor BF2, I don't like all that futuristic stuff they added. In my opinion, BF2142 might as well be a free mod to BF2. And it's buggy as hell, even still the demo. There's no way in hell I'm gonna buy that.

BuggY ? i havent found one bug in the game and i have bean playing the demo sens it came
faker_phil
TonkPilz wrote:
BuggY ? i havent found one bug in the game and i have bean playing the demo sens it came

Well then I guess you're lucky Wink

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=128391&tstart=0
Zpanzer
i've had the crash problem in the start but apperantly taking VoIP off(Under options - sound) fixed it, and it works wonder, i think its quite fun to play, i really love titan mode and walking around in one of thoose walkers or be co-pilot on a attack copter thingy Smile
pokethamage
the graphics looks mad nice...i'm torn between buying it or not buying it tomorrow...i couldnt get the demo tho
Motoracer380
my connections real messed up right now so its gonna take forever to download...
Sergiy
I download demo of battlefield 2142 and this is realy good game
the wepons is realy strong and cars is fast and fly Very Happy
the game is realy good and i will buy it when it come in my country Cool

This robot on the picture it my favourite wepon Laughing

fpsaddict
Very VERY crap game, it's just a re-skinned version of BF2 to be honest.
It also has a truckload of bugs/cheatfixes/backdoors to fix.
Viralis
of course it does, nothing is perfect there are going to be bugs, cheats and exploit. thats why they release patches, the game is almost done. dont judge the game from the demo the game wasnt even halfway was only about two thirds complete when the dmeo was created, noteice i said created not releaased before you start jumping to conclusions it reflects the content really well but the quality is not reflected as they do not patch demos. well as far as i know they dont anyway
fpsaddict
Viralis wrote:
of course it does, nothing is perfect there are going to be bugs, cheats and exploit. thats why they release patches, the game is almost done. dont judge the game from the demo the game wasnt even halfway was only about two thirds complete when the dmeo was created, noteice i said created not releaased before you start jumping to conclusions it reflects the content really well but the quality is not reflected as they do not patch demos. well as far as i know they dont anyway

They should release the demo when the game is complete and with little bugs.
Weirde
i gonna try it Cool
matrixuk321
i realy like it and i have bought and played the game everyone should get it!
ForceRun
Yeap picked it up. Lots of fun. One problem the game's CD-Key is lock to the first account that uses it. So no more jumping on someone else's computer to play.... And the spyware is a little much.
NeoValkyrion
Only played the demo so far, but I really enjoyed it. I'm at the level of nerdishness where I find sci-fi versions of things much cooler than the original versions.

And Titan mode is awesome.
matrixuk321
i played the demo and after a week i bought it, i think this game is really good and the robot thing is just the best! Everyone should buy it because its fun , addictive and cheap lol Very Happy
moonblade
Eh, can anyone tell how is the situation with dynamic advert images in this game? There was much controversy about it originally, can anyone tell how much of it there will be, and how well filtered is it?
Viralis
i brought the game and got my veteran tag for bneing a battlfield 2 player.