FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Watch TV on Notebook

Jurado
Hello,

I want to watch TV on my notebook, On my desktop i have a Tv tuner, I'm also having a wireless connection to the notebook. My question, are there any programs that can stream from the TV tuner to the notebook.

Grttz,
ronald.helpdesk
Jurado wrote:
Hello,

I want to watch TV on my notebook, On my desktop i have a Tv tuner, I'm also having a wireless connection to the notebook. My question, are there any programs that can stream from the TV tuner to the notebook.

Grttz,

Hello, maybe this article might come helpfull for you

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/expert/bridgman_02march11.mspx

greetings...
Jurado
thanks, very interesting, do you have experience with it?

Grtzz,
ben.lastname
You might consider using ORB. I am using it to view existing media on my computer but it is supposed to support live feeds from a tv tuner. Support is somewhat limited. What kind of tv card do you have?
pudovkin
ORB is great!
Jaan
A Slingbox would be nice Razz
Can't you connect the card to your laptop? Like do you have a dock for it?
And why don't you watch TV on your TV?
ronald.helpdesk
Jurado wrote:
thanks, very interesting, do you have experience with it?

Grtzz,

The procedure described in the web page, is for a single program, but explains much of the basic streaming process, it comes handy because you have to know a few things before streaming, like frames per second, bandwide and stuff like that, the windows encoder do it perfectly, but sometimes got too confused, once you get the drill of it, it changes, BUT, there's a lot of other programs that do the same thing, and easier, I just wanted you to know the basics of it and then, browse a little, try a few programs, and start enjoying your vνdeo streming all over your house or within your neighborhood, cuz this thing works great with wireless networks, if you count with a good eye of sight.

Greatings,
hope you have fun with this, if you need further details, e-mailme