FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Name your ticket for President of the USA





benjmd
An amusing article on msnbc.com mentioned t-shirts championing Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert for president and vice-president of the United States of America. (article here - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15195271/ )

What pair would YOU nominate for president/vicepresident?

Remeber the rules:
1. 35 yrs old minimum
2. Born in USA
3. Lived in USA for at least 14 years of their life
4. Hasn't already served two terms
glenwood
President: Ben Stein
Vice-President: Matthew Broderick

Think it's a good idea, anyone? ....anyone?
palavra
benjmd wrote:
An amusing article on msnbc.com mentioned t-shirts championing Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert for president and vice-president of the United States of America. (article here - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15195271/ )

What pair would YOU nominate for president/vicepresident?

Remeber the rules:
1. 35 yrs old minimum
2. Born in USA
3. Lived in USA for at least 14 years of their life
4. Hasn't already served two terms


why don't we nominate someone from frihost?

philosopher princess / hobo pelican

indi / the conspirator
ocalhoun
palavra wrote:


why don't we nominate someone from frihost?

philosopher princess / hobo pelican

indi / the conspirator

If a team like one of those gets elected, I'm declaring independance.
S3nd K3ys
ocalhoun wrote:
palavra wrote:


why don't we nominate someone from frihost?

philosopher princess / hobo pelican

indi / the conspirator

If a team like one of those gets elected, I'm declaring independance.


Wouldn't happen. There's way too much proof to set the story straight on this ticket. They'd get laughed out of any campaign including class clown.
tidruG
Set the story straight about what, precisely?
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
Set the story straight about what, precisely?


About just about everything Mr. Conspirator has ever said. Wink
palavra
S3nd K3ys wrote:
[
Wouldn't happen. There's way too much proof to set the story straight on this ticket. They'd get laughed out of any campaign including class clown.


why don't you nominate yourself?

if even mr. bush can be president in this country, you can do better? Wink
napowan
I would have to say that Barack Obama will be president soon.

He is a Illinois senator, a african american, and a AMAZING speaker. He has appeared on many talk shows such as Opera, and has had magazines write articles about how he is going to be president. I truely beleive Barack Obama will be presient in 2008.

www.barackobama.com.
S3nd K3ys
napowan wrote:
I would have to say that Barack Obama will be president soon.

He is a Illinois senator, a african american, and a AMAZING speaker. He has appeared on many talk shows such as Opera, and has had magazines write articles about how he is going to be president. I truely beleive Barack Obama will be presient in 2008.

www.barackobama.com.


Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
napowan wrote:
I would have to say that Barack Obama will be president soon.

He is a Illinois senator, a african american, and a AMAZING speaker. He has appeared on many talk shows such as Opera, and has had magazines write articles about how he is going to be president. I truely beleive Barack Obama will be presient in 2008.

www.barackobama.com.


Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.

Just out of curiosity, but why aren't Americans ready for a woman president?
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
napowan wrote:
I would have to say that Barack Obama will be president soon.

He is a Illinois senator, a african american, and a AMAZING speaker. He has appeared on many talk shows such as Opera, and has had magazines write articles about how he is going to be president. I truely beleive Barack Obama will be presient in 2008.

www.barackobama.com.


Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.

Just out of curiosity, but why aren't Americans ready for a woman president?


Hillary Clinton for starters.
ocalhoun
S3nd K3ys wrote:


Hillary Clinton for starters.

lol, but what about a good conservative one?
michael0105
President: Chuck Norris
Vice: Bob Saget
Anyone concur? They pwn!!
palavra
S3nd K3ys wrote:
[

Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.


what about you?

are you also a sexist and a racist like an average american?
S3nd K3ys
palavra wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
[

Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.


what about you?

are you also a sexist and a racist like an average american?



I expect an apology for you calling Americans racist and sexist.
ocalhoun
^And for calling us average! *sarcasm, sort of*
(Actually, I supose calling us average would be a compliment in many respects, such as education, fitness levels, linguistic skills...)

But really, S3nd K3ys, you implied that we were racist and sexist already in saying that we wouldn't elect a female or minority president. This is probably correct; let's start with a vice president first, then try for a presedent. (Perhaps the presedent will even die during the term (due to natural causes, of course, giving us the first female or minority (or both) president by succession.)
S3nd K3ys
ocalhoun wrote:
^And for calling us average! *sarcasm, sort of*
(Actually, I supose calling us average would be a compliment in many respects, such as education, fitness levels, linguistic skills...)

But really, S3nd K3ys, you implied that we were racist and sexist already in saying that we wouldn't elect a female or minority president. This is probably correct; let's start with a vice president first, then try for a presedent. (Perhaps the presedent will even die during the term (due to natural causes, of course, giving us the first female or minority (or both) president by succession.)


Point somewhat taken, but the fact that we're likely not ready is not teh same saying we're racial and sexist.
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
^And for calling us average! *sarcasm, sort of*
(Actually, I supose calling us average would be a compliment in many respects, such as education, fitness levels, linguistic skills...)

But really, S3nd K3ys, you implied that we were racist and sexist already in saying that we wouldn't elect a female or minority president. This is probably correct; let's start with a vice president first, then try for a presedent. (Perhaps the presedent will even die during the term (due to natural causes, of course, giving us the first female or minority (or both) president by succession.)


Point somewhat taken, but the fact that we're likely not ready is not teh same saying we're racial and sexist.

OK then... what's the difference?
I tried asking what you meant by "not being ready" and why America is not ready to have a black or a female president?

And if more than half the American population was not ready to have a female or a black president, aren't you implying that the average American is definitely not willing to see a black or a female president...?

I'll admit it's a crude way to make a point, but isn't that the point palavra was trying to make?
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:


OK then... what's the difference?
I tried asking what you meant by "not being ready" and why America is not ready to have a black or a female president?

And if more than half the American population was not ready to have a female or a black president, aren't you implying that the average American is definitely not willing to see a black or a female president...?

I'll admit it's a crude way to make a point, but isn't that the point palavra was trying to make?


I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

I have two boys. I don't want girls. I don't want more kids. Does that make me racist or sexist?

I like guns. I believe in the right to own guns. But not by criminals. Does that make me racist or sexist?

We had a millionaire run for president, but I don't think we're ready for a capitolist like that (Ross Perot) to run the country, does that make me racist or sexist?

See the difference yet or shall I go on?
Animal
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

No, but this isn't even a close comparison.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
I have two boys. I don't want girls. I don't want more kids. Does that make me racist or sexist?

You could be described as sexist for saying "you don't want girls", but not for saying "I don't want any more children"

S3nd K3ys wrote:
I like guns. I believe in the right to own guns. But not by criminals. Does that make me racist or sexist?

And guns have what to do with race or sex?

S3nd K3ys wrote:
We had a millionaire run for president, but I don't think we're ready for a capitolist like that (Ross Perot) to run the country, does that make me racist or sexist?

And capitalists have what to do with race and sex?

S3nd K3ys wrote:
See the difference yet or shall I go on?

No, please go on. I think the point that was originally made (admittedly in an unfortunate way) was that if the "average American" did not consider race or sex during elections, is it not likely that there would have been a female president by now? Or a black president? How about a Muslim president?
tidruG
Quote:
I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

Why aren't you ready to have a dog?
If your cat dies, would you mind getting a dog or would you still prefer having a cat?
So if you've had many male presidents, and their term expires, you still prefer having a male president... you choose the male instead of the female?
If you prefer cats to dogs for some reason whatsoever (dogs are messier perhaps?), then tell me the reason why you wouldn't vote for a female presidential candidate?

Quote:
I have two boys. I don't want girls. I don't want more kids. Does that make me racist or sexist?

You already have 2 boys. You don't want any more children. THose future children could be either male or female.

Quote:
I like guns. I believe in the right to own guns. But not by criminals. Does that make me racist or sexist?

Everyone has a right to bear arms, except perhaps proven criminals. Criminals cannot be trusted with arms (as if normal people can, but we'll argue from your POV).
have women presidents been proven to be incapable of running a country?

Quote:
We had a millionaire run for president, but I don't think we're ready for a capitolist like that (Ross Perot) to run the country, does that make me racist or sexist?

Can't comment. Don't know about Ross Perot or who else you're talking about.
ocalhoun
Animal wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

No, but this isn't even a close comparison.


Well, it's the closest comparison present...
And technicly, that would mean that you like cats better than dogs. (or why not get a dog now?)

The only reason not to elect a woman or black president that isn't really racisim or sexisim would be simply tradition. (Which might still qualify as racisim or sexism, if you consider that to be carrying over the prejudices of the past.)


Call me sexist; but I would vote for a minority president before voting for a female president. I don't think there are any intrinsic differences between the races (only cultural), but there are intrinsic differences between men and women (which are not well understood), and change is not always good.
S3nd K3ys
ocalhoun wrote:
Animal wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

No, but this isn't even a close comparison.


Well, it's the closest comparison present...
And technicly, that would mean that you like cats better than dogs. (or why not get a dog now?)


I do like cats better than dogs. Does that make me racist or sexist?

Quote:
The only reason not to elect a woman or black president that isn't really racisim or sexisim would be simply tradition. (Which might still qualify as racisim or sexism, if you consider that to be carrying over the prejudices of the past.)


I'm not sure if it would be 'tradition' or just the fact that we're afraid of change. Personally, I could see a Condi Rice as president. I might even vote for her, especially if Hillary was running. I just don't think it's going to happen yet.
Moonspider
ocalhoun wrote:
The only reason not to elect a woman or black president that isn't really racisim or sexisim would be simply tradition. (Which might still qualify as racisim or sexism, if you consider that to be carrying over the prejudices of the past.)


How about because you don't agree with their proposed policies and ideas? What does race or sex have to do with electing someone to office?

Respectfully,
M
palavra
S3nd K3ys wrote:
palavra wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
[

Americans are barely ready for a women pres, I don't think they're ready for a black one.


what about you?

are you also a sexist and a racist like an average american?



I expect an apology for you calling Americans racist and sexist.


personally i don't think an average american is "racist or sexist".
and i didn't mean it.

actually i think america has a great success to "combine" different races.
i think
it is better i correct my post "are you also a sexist and racist like an average american as you claimed"
sorry but no apology for you " S3nd K3ys"
if you believe america is not ready for a lady prsident
you are a sexist.
if you believe america is not ready for a black or japanese or hispanic president
you are a racist
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I do like cats better than dogs. Does that make me racist or sexist?

It really really does depend on your reasons.


Quote:
I'm not sure if it would be 'tradition' or just the fact that we're afraid of change. Personally, I could see a Condi Rice as president. I might even vote for her, especially if Hillary was running. I just don't think it's going to happen yet.

And why is that?
Why is it that American people are not prepared to have a woman leading the country?


Moonspider wrote:
How about because you don't agree with their proposed policies and ideas? What does race or sex have to do with electing someone to office?

Respectfully,
M

That woud of course not make you racist or sexist. However, look again... so far, in this thread, yours is the first post that brings up the thought of not voting for an African American or a woman because of their political ideologies. Other reasons mentioned so far have been crap, to put it crudely.

- "we're not ready" - why the hell not? India had a female Prime Minister in the 1980s
- "tradition" - and the US is supposed to be the leader of modernisation.. free speech, free thought, equality, etc etc?
ocalhoun
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I have cats. I'm not ready to have a dog yet, but plan to in the next year or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?

Okay, now let's interpret this analogy:

I have white presidents. I'm not ready to have a black president yet, but plan to in the next decade or so, does that mean I'm racist or sexist?



S3nd K3ys wrote:

I do like cats better than dogs. Does that make me racist or sexist?

Okay, now let's leave the analogy:
Interpretation of S3nd K3ys wrote:

I do like white people better than black people. Does that make me racist or sexist?
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I do like cats better than dogs. Does that make me racist or sexist?

It really really does depend on your reasons.



Then you agree there is no reason to be called a racist and sexist when you obviously don't know the reasons behind the attitude?

Thank you. Rolling Eyes
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I do like cats better than dogs. Does that make me racist or sexist?

It really really does depend on your reasons.



Then you agree there is no reason to be called a racist and sexist when you obviously don't know the reasons behind the attitude?

Thank you. Rolling Eyes

Obviously not.
However, in almost all my posts here, I've been asking... why, why, why is America not ready to have a female or a Black president?
Your answering "it just isn't" doesn't justify that statement.
You're still not answering the question.
If you can even at least tell me why you prefer cats, and not dogs (give me reasons), and then expand this analogy to give me reasons why you prefer male presidents and not female presidents, I'd maybe then either call you a sexist or not for sure.

In general, however (and I think you ought to know this too, seeing as how you are a part of many forums, and have thus engaged in lots of good discussions/debates), people only avoid answering questions or use very generic replies, when they don't have a good enough reply.

So, I'm left wondering... do you have a good reason for not wanting a female president?
Or rather, do you have a good reason why you think Americans are not ready to have a female/black president?

And besides, I have reason to assume that one could be a racist based on the following reasoning, which you haven't nullified yet:
Quote:
I tried asking what you meant by "not being ready" and why America is not ready to have a black or a female president?

And if more than half the American population was not ready to have a female or a black president, aren't you implying that the average American is definitely not willing to see a black or a female president...?
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
why, why, why is America not ready to have a female or a Black president?


I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, but if they were, they'd have elected one by now.

Rolling Eyes

As for cat's vs dogs, cats are independant. I can go on vacation and leave them. I don't have to clean up cat pewp, they do it themsleves. I AM planning on getting a dog this year, possibly two. What's the big deal?
Related topics
i hate my name
MLB "The World Series"
If I were President of the USA, I would.....
NOt only the USA people are Americans... that is a mistake.
entrabnetworks.. legit or scam???
Socrates on Democracy
Did you know that you can change your name?
Intelligence. How would YOU measure it?
Who is the leader of your country?
Let the gutter politics begin
Congratulations President Obama
2009 Predictions
Barack Obama got Nobel peace prize..... share your views.
What do you think of parses of Election of President of USA
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.