FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AJaX or ASPX?

SFMeatwad
I was just wondering what the feedback on this question would be to other advanced scriptors out there like myself would know this question.

Personally, I like AJaX better.
(Examples of AJaX: Google Maps, etc)

I would use ASPX, but I can't run ASP on my computer. (Home Edition)
(Examples of ASP: Microsoft.com)

PS: I know I didn't put a poll, because for one thing, polls are really stupid, because people just vote for something to get it up more percentage. I just want opinions, comments, and answers. Smile
Aredon
ASP is server-side like PHP.
Ajax is a buzzword for a limited area of JavaScript that runs on the client and focuses on HTTP Requests and XML documents.
If possible, always program server-side. If you want to also add Ajax to tighty-up the page, then add the Ajax however make sure there is always a backdoor for users with JavaScript disabled so they can still get the desired functionality even if this means submiting another form. If not possible, then it is very possible that your website design structure is flawed. If not, then Flash might be a better language to use. Many people could care less about leaving a backdoor for the users with JavaScript disabled. Roughly 10% of today's users browse with JavaScript disabled and an even higher percent of these browsers won't be upto standards enough to run Ajax properly. A strong coder will code with accessibility in mind.
deepak
AJAX is a methodology cum framework to send request using httpxml listeners, in simple words .. you can load information dynamically without refreshing actual page. This technique can be use in any server-side scripting which support HTTPXML like ASPX, PHP, ASP, PERL, PYTHOH, CGIC.
Dragonfly-online
I would definately reccomend aspx, as it is by far the best coding language ever. I read that it doesnt work on your machine, but thats probably because you havent installed the .net framework 2.0 onto your system. If you have, and it still doesnt work, you should view it on a built in testing server on one of ur ports, used by VIsual Web developer 2005 express and microsoft expression web design
ritesh26
Ajax, shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications. The intent is to make web pages feel more responsive by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes, so that the entire web page does not have to be reloaded each time the user makes a change. This is meant to increase the web page's interactivity, speed, and usability.

Ajax is only a name given to a set of tools that were previously existing.
The main part is XMLHttpRequest, a class usable in JavaScript , that was implemented into Internet Explorer since the 4.0 version.

And ASPX is microsoft advance technology of ASP.
looseballs
Hey, does anybody know of a server (preferably with free hosting) that supports Front Page uploading and has the .net frame 2 on it? Please tell me.
deepak
must checkout Brinkster ..I am sure they support FP exntension or not. But file uploading from FP can be done.
looseballs
thanks
umeshtangnu
i do not understand why can not you use both AJAX and ASPX together
like its done in New Hotmail interface
manum
i don't see a relation btw the two AJAX and ASP frankly

AJAX is not server side scripting but is a part of js

whereas asp is a server side scripting lang

and no body who doesn't know the difference can be called as an advanced developer.....

Confused
redice
I don't think they are conflict. The server side use aspx and client side use javascript to impl. ajax page.