FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

del's design

XtRm
http://violan.net
Wat do you think of my personal web page? I'm waiting for some critics and sugestions Wink . Hope you like it Wink .
eruct
Nice site! I know your site is new but you really need that portfolio up and running if you want more business. One other thing to think about would be on the services page. It would be nice if there was a link after each description of your service packages that said something like 'find out more', or 'get started'.... something like that. Basically would take them to a contact form with more fields pertaining to their job. Make sense? Just a thought but I think that would be pretty snazzy.

Overall nice design and pretty clean code Very Happy
benjad
Outstanding A+++++

Yup, work on building a portfolio, and then you should be off and running. Also, I didn't notice any of peoples favorite keywords (ecommerce, shopping basket, credit card processing), or mysql...

Remember that the people you are selling your talent to don't know php from pcp. All they know is that it looks good, and works. Make sure you can fill that need.
Kyoushu
You've got quite a nice site there. At this time you have very little content, so Im just gonna rate the design. The design is simple, yet effective(content is well delivered). The only thing that needs work is the banner. Maybe add a reflection under it or something. Confused
XtRm
Thanks for all the advices. I'll do my best.

I only want to say about the portfolio. The reason why there isn't portfolio is not because I haven't got time to do it or something. I'm just some kind of a novice in the industry Embarassed . And all things that I've done are in Bulgarian (without a single word in English). That's why I don't want to include them in the portfolio. Mayeby after a few weeks I'll upload atleast one template. And then I have another project but for now I'm still thinking about it.
XtRm
eruct wrote:
Nice site! I know your site is new but you really need that portfolio up and running if you want more business. One other thing to think about would be on the services page. It would be nice if there was a link after each description of your service packages that said something like 'find out more', or 'get started'.... something like that. Basically would take them to a contact form with more fields pertaining to their job. Make sense? Just a thought but I think that would be pretty snazzy.

Overall nice design and pretty clean code Very Happy

I've added an order form. Something like this you've suggested. What do you think?
benjad
The order page looks pretty good.

Make the links to the order page a graphic, with alt text. Nothing says click me like a big red arrow.

I would also still recommend removing the tech jargon, and introducing more plain language. For example.

html --> basic/static web design
(We will place the basic information about your business onto the web, but this does not allow much dynamic content/ credit card acceptance / database forms/ or easily updated content).

cms/php --> Template based design.
(Able to lots of dynamic stuff, but runs the risk of using an all to familiar design as other template based designs. Can integrate CC acceptance and shopping carts). May be easily edited by end user, using CMS interface.

Cutsom -->
Built from scratch. Everything is original and purpose built.
benjad
Oh yes, and even through the rest of your portfolio is in Bulgarian, post it anway. Your site needs that credibility.
warallthetm
awsome design. Very sleek
XtRm
I've removed the tech jargon and changed it to a more understandable language for the avarage person as you've reccomended. Also I've added graphic links for ordering but not exactly as you example Wink . Soon I will add some Webpages into the portfolio.
benjad
Looks outstanding....

Since you have gone through my worklist, I'm hoping someone else can pipe up and give you better stuff.

Simply outstanding Smile
XtRm
I've had some work for a client but now i have finished and made samo major changes in the layout. I think that now it looks even better. Please feel free to feedback me Wink .
Alankurd
XtRm wrote:
I've had some work for a client but now i have finished and made samo major changes in the layout. I think that now it looks even better. Please feel free to feedback me Wink .

i liked the design it felt very proffesional gj
Matte52
Damn the link doesn't work now so I can't see this wonderfull? site, if i listen to them that have write before =)

I will come with and edit so fast the link is up again.

Best regards
Matte52
Detremmerie
Link doesn't work?
XtRm
Oh, sry. It's because I've gone to proffesional hosting. Here is the new link: http://violan.net/index.php
jayzee
very nicely done Smile
alexpotter
uhm..... I tried to check the site, but it doesn't work for me :S! *Cries*

this is what I get:

You don't have permission to access / on this server.!
alexpotter
oh, ignore my previous post Razz I hadn't seen the new link Razz

nice site Smile!!
XtRm
alexpotter wrote:
oh, ignore my previous post Razz I hadn't seen the new link Razz

nice site Smile!!

My mistake, sry. I've changed it in the first post.
jobu
thats real clean mate. i like it alot.

2 things that get me. the icon for the payment system down at the bottom. does it need to be there? It looks cheap on such a nice site.

the other thing is the contact page. The bottom border is about 100 pixels shy on width. I pick up symetrics real easy so it jumped out at me.

was a bit slow loading for some reason but looks sweet Smile
XtRm
jobu wrote:
thats real clean mate. i like it alot.

2 things that get me. the icon for the payment system down at the bottom. does it need to be there? It looks cheap on such a nice site.

the other thing is the contact page. The bottom border is about 100 pixels shy on width. I pick up symetrics real easy so it jumped out at me.

was a bit slow loading for some reason but looks sweet Smile

The banner means that we support payements through moneybookers. It is not really well and I've decided where to put it now. Will change its possition Wink .

About the contact page, sry but I can't ubnderstand you. You mean that the massage text field is widther than the other fields?

The loading time is due to the hosting provider. I really estimate comments about loading time, because we may change the hosting provider. Just if you don't mind, where do you come from?
{name here}
Nice and clean. However may I suggest having the site go the full width of the browser window, and also having the background color match the color of the main site divs?
Insanity
Nice site overall, but some minor complaints:

The white bar that divides your navigation bar and header is a bit weird, maybe it'll look better if you combine them both together seamlessly.

The "High quality webdesign for affordable prices" is a tad amateurish looking. Maybe its just me though.
XtRm
The white bar is a problem only with Firefox (!?).
"High quality webdesign on affordable prices" is our moto. We will not change it for now. Mayeby in the future may think of another one Wink .

About the full widht of the browser window, I think that this way is better and also will be browsed more easly in 800x600 rezz. The background's color look fine to me (only?).

Thanks for the feedback Wink .
reddishblue
I love it, looks very professional, the only thing that bugs me is the box on the front page, of course you are not providing web design in a box, so it may be better just to get rid of that.
Good Luck with the Company

Reddish Blue
XtRm
reddishblue wrote:
I love it, looks very professional, the only thing that bugs me is the box on the front page, of course you are not providing web design in a box, so it may be better just to get rid of that.
Good Luck with the Company

Reddish Blue

This is something that simbolizes our product. If it is so anoying to many poeple it can be removed Wink .
XtRm
Some major design changes were made. In fact this is v2.0 of the web site. Please have a look Wink .
andy26
i think it looks great the simple look keeps it easy to read so the presentation is good i also think you need more stuff in your portfolio. but overall its great. by the way what software did you use to build your site and what graphics engins did you use.
andy26
i think it looks great the simple look keeps it easy to read so the presentation is good i also think you need more stuff in your portfolio. but overall its great. by the way what software did you use to build your site and what graphics engins did you use.
XtRm
andy26 wrote:

Nothing unussual. Photoshop for the graphics and Dreamweaver for writing the code.
andy26
Thats cool then as i have all that stuff i curently have a website that i have used photoshop to make headings and such and iv been using frontpage but as that isnt suported in most browsers im going to use dreamweaver which i bought ages ago thanx for telling me what you use i thought that may be what you used i just wanted to know for sure so i can make a website to look just as good.
XtRm
You can write the code even in notepad. I just prefer Dreamweaver because it colours the code and it makes some things in html much easyer. A great deal fro me Wink .