FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Editing the content of the ads

hack_man_
I am guessing that the company providing the ads lets you change the type of ads on the forums. Could Bondings edit the ads to not show adult and mature ads? My ISP has a proxy that counts the number of "blocked" hits per connection, and the number of hits generated by this forum is getting me in trouble.

What company is it? Perhaps my ISP blocked the entire company? If they have then it looks like I will have to find another host before my "blocked" hits cause all of FriHost to be blocked. Crying or Very sad

If I mysteriously disappear from all knowledge and existence, then you can assume that FriHost has been blocked by my ISP, my internet is being monitored by the govt./my internet has been disconnected and that I have been arrested. Please send lots of hate mail to feedback@etisalat.ae! Twisted Evil
Bondings
At the moment there is only Google Adsense and Chitika and absolutely no adult ads should be showing up. Weird. Confused
hack_man_
Well, I am still getting this message:

Code:
We apologize the site you are attempting to visit has been blocked due to its content being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates.

If you think this site should not be blocked, please visit the Feedback Form available on our website.

But they never check that particular inbox anyway! I definately think that they won't block Google! But then again... They have done it in the past... Confused

It is only blocking the ads that come through FriHost, other sites are OK. They probably blocked them because the ads are for hosting companies, which etisalat want to steal business from!

I suspect that the day I canel my subscription to all of "Etisalat's Value Added Services" (yeah, and I'm a rabid dartboard with glow-in-the-dark fangs and a clip on tie) and go to a competing company (once the government let hem start up, because they block life out here as well) will be the only time I ever urinate in public... Cool
ocalhoun
hack_man_ wrote:
being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates.

You need to get an ISP that dosn't censor your internet! (Or move to a country that dosn't, if that is who is ultimately blocking the sites. I would think that many of the topics here would be deemed unsuitable by the United Arab Emirates, whoever they are.) You might also want to ask them just what are the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates, and why can't you even see anything that is inconsistant with them?
Bondings
I searched for that phrase on google and apparantly they seem to block all popular websites like Msn Spaces, Skype, Flickr, Google Earth and YouTube.

ocalhoun, it's a monopoly if I'm not mistaken. Meaning there are no other options to get on the internet. And moving to a different country is a pretty drastic solution. Wink
hack_man_
Bondings wrote:
I searched for that phrase on google and apparantly they seem to block all popular websites like Msn Spaces, Skype, Flickr, Google Earth and YouTube.

ocalhoun, it's a monopoly if I'm not mistaken. Meaning there are no other options to get on the internet. And moving to a different country is a pretty drastic solution. Wink

Exactly! So the ads might be for those companies. I am lucky that Vodaphone and Du are going to be starting up next year. I am fed up of finding sites for things like Middlesex University blocked!
garionw
Bondings wrote:

What about a proxy?
hack_man_
Oh yeah, a proxy. that might be useful! What if they are all blocked too? Shall I just take out the www. at the beginning of www.frihost.com and see if "This page can not be displayed" has been blocked too?
johanfh
Did you try it without images? In your iexplore you can say that images aren't displayed, maybe then some of the ads will not be recognised by your provider...

JohanFH
TeenZine
Bondings wrote:

Haha real goodone. My school unfortuantly blocks all fun sites by category like video mp3, game site prettymuch anything fun.