FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

9 weeks....

Lusiphur
...TO CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh yea!

I am starting the christmas cheer, spirit, merryment whatever a bit early this year, my Santa hat is out already and I am trying to infect everyone I know with my over-enthusiasm.

So yea, 9 weeks and counting Smile
scotty
How old are you?
Nikkori
Yeah. I hope my Godfather and Godmother will give me some gifts. Laughing
TonkPilz
don't remind me December is a hard month for me cos its a courter months and all the bills piles up plus all the presents i hafto get my sisters children and my cousins kids.

but on the other hand the Xmas tables will start soon (drool) all that nice food and drinks and ppl are all LADI... DA! marry Xmas and stuff

i usualy get a years supply of socks for Xmas Very Happy
frietkot
ooh yeah, xmas, I almost forgot.

I get half the money to buy a car, so I can't wait:D
And the other half I already got.

So the car is commin' yeah

-Frietkot
Lusiphur
23, and I'm more enthusiastic about christmas than my daughter Razz

I'm a big kid though.

Anyway, what does age have to do with enjoying christmas? Getting to spend time with family and friends, giving and recieving gifts and christmas dinner!!!
frietkot
Lusiphur knows how to get the right xmas spirit Razz

-Frietkot
Srs2388
starting early this year eh? Smile
Davidgr1200
Reminds me of the joke:
"How do you know when it's Easter?"
"When Woolworths start putting up their christmas decorations"
HoboPelican
Lusiphur wrote:
Anyway, what does age have to do with enjoying christmas? Getting to spend time with family and friends, giving and recieving gifts and christmas dinner!!!

Absolutely! I think I get more excited about Halloween, but if you think you are too old to get excited about "kiddie" holiday things, you really are missing a lot in life. Wink

@Davidgr1200 - Wow! Do they still have Woolworth's were you live? I havent seen one in years.
Lusiphur
I've been bigging up Haloween for the last month already Razz

My costume is gonna rock this year.

Glad to see a lack of "Baa Humbugg"ers. Walking around town yesterday in a Santa Hat introduced me to a lot of them....
Aless
Is it seriously only 9 weeks? I guess that makes sense, since term is only 10, but still...a little scary. Christmas is nice, but it always puts me off a bit, as it also signals the end of the year.
sibbahz
Oh no it is really a scary thought. Time is going so quick, wont be long till im in my 20's! Doesnt seem that long since it was mid summer but the nights are drawing in fast.
soulman
9 weeks... nearly 60 days... well, it's not short... why not find some other nearly holiday?
secret_soul
I am trying to find a Christmas job in the shops so I can avoid the holiday all together. I'm just seeing it as an excuse to get paid double what I usually would...

that said, I am very much looking forward to my school's xmas panto!
WickedGravity
I remember when the 25th was a fun day for me. Getting up early for presents and rifling through it all in record time.

I remember when i would just sit and stare at it all and couldn't believe that it was actually for me. All the wrappers and bows and ribbons and lights.

It was a fun time of my life that, while being over for me, is just about to start for my children and I am looking forward to it more than you can imagine.
eggg
I'm focused on the haerfaest holliday which is closer on the horizen, Halloween. The Autumnal equinox is only a few weeks past and you're already thinking about the Winter solstice! Autumn is underappreciated in my view, maybe because those in Olympia who like the sun spend it mourning the passage of summer. To those of us who enjoy drizzle, this is the best season.

But to actually be on topic... Christmas is interesting to me because it's universally considered a Christian holliday, but its actual celebration and timing are pagan. I think it's amazing to consider how the god Odin was transformed into the modern figure Santa Claus. I still celebrate it every year, though I think it's gotten too commercial, so I try to avoid buying gifts, opting to make or grow them instead. I also try to celebrate on the actual day of the solstice (the 21st of December this year) since I'm not a Christian, and I give a bit more reverance to the laws of nature than to the bible. But, to each his own.

An interesting thought: The moon is typically dark for three days during its new moon phase. The winter solstice is often compared to a new moon, being the darkest phase of the year. And Christ himself is said to have lain in his tomb for three days before rising. The language of renewal is ancient and spread more widely over the earth than one may think.
ThornsOfSorrow
I can't wait until Christmas, mainly because I'm too poor to buy anything for myself. I've been wearing the same three band T-shirts for months now (I wash them), so I'm in desperate need of some new clothes.
Jaan
MY FIRST 40 degree CHRISTMAS in OZ! swoot swoot, can't wait to surf on christmas day!
Soulfire
I love Christmas - not only the gifts of Christmas, but the spiritual significance of Christmas.
Lusiphur
WickedGravity wrote:
I remember when the 25th was a fun day for me. Getting up early for presents and rifling through it all in record time.

I remember when i would just sit and stare at it all and couldn't believe that it was actually for me. All the wrappers and bows and ribbons and lights.

It was a fun time of my life that, while being over for me, is just about to start for my children and I am looking forward to it more than you can imagine.

My daughter just turned 4, so she is at the age where she knows christmas is coming and gets excited about it. Am really looking forward to being with her on Xmas morning when she is opening gifts Smile

I think my christmas cheer is starting to grate on my flat mates Razz Ah well, it'll harden them Razz
tamilparks
Christmas i like it very much (Christmas Cakes and other sweets Razz ) how wonderful is it.... how u enjoy the christmas ,,, do u have painted the house
scotty
Lusiphur wrote:

Nothing really, Christmas is a special time for everyone but we aren't all little kids who can look forward to Christmas for the whole year and live our lives' between Christmases.

I just think that it was a pointless thread, then again I think most in the General Chat forum are pretty pointless. Save the Christmas cheer for December otherwise the whole event won't be as good!
Lusiphur
The point of the post was more a "Woaaa, It's only 9 weeks to Christmas....that's a bit mad"

And yea, I'm a "little kid" as I am over-enthusiastic and enjoy christmas again (has a lot to do with my Daughter)

But hey, no one forces people to post in pointless threads.
F1tZ
I'm sorry I don't share your enthosiasem. I don't even think about Christmas tell after Thanksgiving.
DeFwh
woot yeah more misc. electronics

This is a very joyus time of year.

People should start buying stuff now, great time to shop.
Blaster
holy shit thats not long at all. That just made my day. Wow it seems like its still like august. This year is going bye really fast. I can't wait for thanksgiving when they start playing the christmas music. Christmas is just so relaxing.
meet in rio
There's a shop in my town whcih sells only Christmas things, and it's open all year round. I have no idea how it makes any money; it's probably a front for a heroin dealer or something.
darvit
This is how I feel regarding Christmas:

Quote:

"Nicholas was…

older than sin, and his beard could grow no whiter. He wanted to die.

The dwarfish natives of the Artic caverns did not speak his language, but they conversed in their own, twittering tongue, conducted incomprehensible rituals, when they were not actually working in the factories.

Once every year they forced him, sobbing and protesting, into Endless Night. During the journey he would stand near every child in the world, leave one of the dwarves’ invisible gifts by his bedside. The children slept, frozen into time.

He envied Promitheus and Loki, Sisyphus and Judas. His punishment was harsher.

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.

That was something Neil Gaiman wrote for a Christmas card.

I think most of us would feel the same way as Gaiman’s rendition of “jolly ol’ Saint Nick”. Everything has been turning into routine: plain, old, boring, [almost robotic and humanoid] r o u t i n e : wake up, bathe, dress up, eat, work your ass off in school, go home, work your ass off at home, sleep, dream empty dreams… and wake up in another mechatronic sub-human routine.

It’s all routine. Even this Christmas thing feels like routine. We are all but pretty puppets dancing to the beat of an unknown master. We are all but screwed robots following pre-programmed commands. We are all but blind followers of routine.

But we can’t help it… For this is the only way that we could survive.

In a dog-eat-dog-eat-other-animals-aside-from-dog world, shit happens… And anything goes.

People seek comfort and safety in conformity and a “stable”, routine environment.

Okay, sorry for my ramblings, but that's just how I feel about the holidays. It's all been so blah latelty, I just can't feel it anymore.

Anyway, that's just me.
Blaster
meet in rio wrote:
There's a shop in my town whcih sells only Christmas things, and it's open all year round. I have no idea how it makes any money; it's probably a front for a heroin dealer or something.

Around here there are halloween places like that too. Really things like christmas lights people use them for other purposes and stuff like that. It probley gets a good amount of bussiness. Just like pool places in the winter.
GProject
Is it only nine weeks away? This year has totally flown by, I can't believe it's winding down already. Well, I guess I'd better start thinking about Christmas shopping soon, or nobody will be getting anything this year...