FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Copyrighted material Question

Dwyer17
I understand the rules clearly say that users are forbidden to use copyrighted material on their website. Does this include copyrighted material that is being used with permission from the copyright holder? Thanks! Very Happy
Bockman
For use of copyrighted material with owner's permission, you have to make a request in "Request an account change" forum. after approoval (IF aprooved), you are allowed to host that specific material at Frihost.

Be Well Cool
SpellcasterDX
Would the content on our site be considered our own copyright since it was made by us?
Bondings
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Would the content on our site be considered our own copyright since it was made by us?

Almost everything you make is copyrighted by yourself, so that would be hard. Wink

To avoid confusion, this is about stuff that isn't copyrighted by yourself and where you don't have permission (from the copyright holder) to distribute it. In the case of anything music-related you also need prior permission from me and place a legal.txt file in the same directory (explaining that distributing the music files is legal; it is you or your group made them).
Dwyer17
Is freeware (use as desired) or linkware considered copyrighted material? Can we use those freely?

thanks
Bondings
Dwyer17 wrote:
Is freeware (use as desired)

You should check the license/documentation. Usually you aren't allowed to distribute them.