FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AOL is Killing Me

Billwaa
Ok, here is the problem. I went to China over the summer and so my parents cancel comcast, when we came back, we have to wait for 2 week or so to get comcast back. So we install AOL. Now that I got it back, almost all my software still think I have dial-up instead of cable.

EA downloader, Window Media Player.. all say that I am not connected, even though I am connected to comcast. And everytime it said I am not connected, the AOL dialer pop-up. The conection type was broadband. I mean even AOL notice that I have cable, what happen to other software? Did AOL want to kill my computer for joining Comcast or something?
Bones
My first piece of advice would be to get a real ISP and steer clear of AOL..

Have you changed the Internet Options from control panel to 'never dial a connection' ?
Also is AOL giving out cable or DSL connections? If it's a DSL connection then it may be PPPoE which does need to 'dial out' to get a connection.
Billwaa
oh thanks, it work now. But now I have a problem with EA. It is not showing that I got BF2 Euro Force...